Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing & refuting my rear wheel in order to fit a new tyre, when everything is refitted & adjusted, there is a piece, pictured left over.I had the caliper off. The caliper was split into 2 sections. The cast aluminium bracket which holds the ABS sensor became detached from the frame. Can anyone suggest what it is, where it belongs & how it fits.
15966034873387285864062756938528.jpg
Haynes manual useless !!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, looks like @deskjetian hit the nail on the head. It's a brake pad clip. If I know anything about brakes (which I might not) I believe it's designed to push the pads away from the disk after activation which will help keep the brakes cool and prevent wear basically keeping the pads in the correct position - probably worth refitting if you want to maximize the life of your disk/pad.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Yeah, looks like @deskjetian hit the nail on the head. It's a brake pad clip. If I know anything about brakes (which I might not) I believe it's designed to push the pads away from the disk after activation which will help keep the brakes cool and prevent wear basically keeping the pads in the correct position - probably worth refitting if you want to maximize the life of your disk/pad.
Interesting, I always thought it was there to stop the pads damaging the alloy bracket?

Either way, worth pivoting the caliper up and refitting.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting, I always thought it was there to stop the pads damaging the alloy bracket?

Either way, worth pivoting the caliper up and refitting.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Could be, but I know on cars they're often called anti-rattle clips and do something similar to what I described above.

But agreed - definitely worth refitting.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
They need a dab of something sticky to make them cling on. Clean ones fall out sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts