Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was out for a run with the Elefant yesterday, almost 200 miles through the Highlands, from Speyside to the Cairngorm National park, to Royal Deeside, up to the Cairn a' mount and home via Dufftown, heart of Speyside malt whisky.
I do have a few photo's but thought I'd share this video clip, it goes part of the way to showing why I love the Elefant so much! The sound, the lean angle, the handling, simply stunning! Hope it works!
Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/CilMjOI53cs

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've changed the post to public, see if that works mate!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st attempt at linking video, might need a YouTube account. When Fiona or me clicks on it it did open? Did notice the link is https so still secure, sorry guys, I'll see what I can do!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
you suck at the internet :lol: only messing with you I have only ever typed in a load of shite and I can copy and paste and that's it . hopefully some one can offer advise on the matter ?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, I've updated the first post and replaced it with a Youtube clip! Ejnoy!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorted!

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
I was out for a run with the Elefant yesterday, almost 200 miles through the Highlands, from Speyside to the Cairngorm National park, to Royal Deeside, up to the Cairn a' mount and home via Dufftown, heart of Speyside malt whisky.
I do have a few photo's but thought I'd share this video clip, it goes part of the way to showing why I love the Elefant so much! The sound, the lean angle, the handling, simply stunning! Hope it works!
Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/CilMjOI53cs
Finally!
Sounds well & sounds like it goes well too.
Nice one Jim

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
That engine indeed sounds great. Now, if perhaps you could ride on the proper side of the road ;-)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guy's, yes, it seems to go fine!
I pay all my road tax hence use whatever side feels best at the time! ;)

I shoved it on to youtube to post. Just bought a Gopro so just learning so far. Good for explaining the roads you're on to other folk! I'll never make a film producer, no patience! LOL!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Looks and sounds great Jim

What settings did you have the |GoPro on?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
720S - 60 Paul, YouTube possibly compresses that? Looks good any how!
I'd certainly not call the Elefant a soup spillers bike! It's not ridiculous fast, 115mph be about it.
I'll take more video soon, nice twisties, see if you can hear the pegs scrape! Lol!
I just wanted to show everyone why I thought the Elefant was the better bike than both my RD04 Africa Twin and 700 Transalp. The video goes some way toward explaining, but of course, that's a personal opinion!

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
720S - 60 Paul, YouTube possibly compresses that? Looks good any how!
I'd certainly not call the Elefant a soup spillers bike! It's not ridiculous fast, 115mph be about it.
I'll take more video soon, nice twisties, see if you can hear the pegs scrape! Lol!
I just wanted to show everyone why I thought the Elefant was the better bike than both my RD04 Africa Twin and 700 Transalp. The video goes some way toward explaining, but of course, that's a personal opinion!

There's now't like a "L Twin" having the tater's thrapped off it !!!

I always wanted a Lucky Elefant, but I do think my 650 Japanese geisha pipped the old latin girl on looks!!

:toothy10:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nice one Jim, goes like stink!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts