Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just fitted new handlebars to my 650v6 (Renthal 717) , the object of the exercise being to get more front end feel. The new bars are lower and have less sweep resulting in moving relative positions forward about 40mm and down 25mm. Tipping my weight forward suits my particular riding style and I’m much happier feeling the front tyre squirm than feeling remote and unsure of grip levels. I did have to shim the bottom yoke stops to restrict steering slightly but I got away with the steering security lock, that works fine. However...
Brucey Bonus time. I’ve inadvertently cured the noisy high screen issue, I must have dropped myself into the still-air bubble created by the screen! There may be a downside to this but at the moment I can’t see it. For the record I’m 5’ 8” and using a Honda low seat & Honda high screen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for this very useful info, I too run an 06 TA and intend to fit lower bars for the same reason ie. sit on my lower seat and drop below the screen. I was toying with the Dakar Highs renthal no 613 but they do appear to be not much lower than standard. Regarding the MRA Vario screen I purchased one and after failing to notice much difference returned it for a touring MRA, currently on back order. The other decisions are centre stand and crash bars, it would be useful to inspect fitted bars if there are any TA's in the Newcastle area.

best regards

Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts