Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this may be a repeat rant from years ago , but you know what really p!sses me off ?? .......... people posting in "for sale" and stating something "might be for sale" ............ Well it's either for sale or it is bl00dy well not !! ........... if it's for sale congratulations you found the right section to let folks know .......... if it's not for sale , why the bl00dy hell are you telling us ??? go tell someone who cares !!!

And another thing ................... if something is for sale - tell us how much your asking and a rough idea of where you are.

How difficult can it be ??

Maybe we should rename the "for sale" section - "Random thoughts about my stuff and whether or not it might be for sale , but you've got to guess the price and find me by using the blindfolded pin on the map trick"

Rant over - resume normal levels of oldgrumpygitness.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I agree Jack, I just don't get the point, Maybe they just want you to beg them to sell it and generally if someone does not list the price its because its damn expensive :confused:

·
Ooh Aah Cantona!
177 Posts
So what do you think my Leo Vince end can might be worth if I wanted to sell it which I might do or maybe I don't? :confused:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
So what do you think my Leo Vince end can might be worth if I wanted to sell it which I might do or maybe I don't? :confused:
PLEASE SELL IT ME FOR £500 PLEASE PLEASE.....if you do indeed decide to sell which I fully understand you might not, but on the other might do after all :confused:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I think this may be a repeat rant from years ago , but you know what really p!sses me off ?? .......... people posting in "for sale" and stating something "might be for sale" ............ Well it's either for sale or it is bl00dy well not !! ........... if it's for sale congratulations you found the right section to let folks know .......... if it's not for sale , why the bl00dy hell are you telling us ??? go tell someone who cares !!!

And another thing ................... if something is for sale - tell us how much your asking and a rough idea of where you are.

Maybe we should rename the "for sale" section - "Random thoughts about my stuff and whether or not it might be for sale , but you've got to guess the price and find me by using the blindfolded pin on the map trick"

Oh dear :D

Might someone be after a wr450f :D

Who'd like a nice cup of tea?

:D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't ask me MOM sent me to bed - with no supper !!:D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh dear :D

Might someone be after a wr450f :D

Who'd like a nice cup of tea?

:D
Not me , but I'm always being asked by people looking for XRs, DRZs, WRs etc etc because they know I'm active around the forums and do I know of anything for sale ?. I've put many buyers and sellers in touch over the years. I know a guy with cash burning a hole in his pocket looking for a modernish enduro bike ! what can I tell him about the WR ??? Geat bike but I'm not sure if it's for sale or how much the guy wants or where it is - but great bike !!! FFS.

Coming from my part of the world - I've driven for miles , through the night etc to buy bikes. The whole etiquette of selling /buying (or lack of it) gets me wound up - eg turning up at a guy's door after an 6 hour haul, through the night with an empty trailer to be met with " yeah I know we agreed a deal but the guy along the street just offered me £20 more so I sold it to him" FFS.

Posting a for sale with no details smacks of trolling to me , just wasting people's time.

Milk and two sugars please Alpy - and a couple of digestives would be nice.:D

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go on Jack me old son get em told... nowt like a good old moan and be christ i am a Past Master at moaning :D

Maybe it could do with a `Whats it worth section` then folk can say they are `thinking` about selling something but not sure how much it's worth thus are unsure weather to sell or not.
That's far too logical for some folk !! and it would give me nothing to moan about !!!!:D:D

No, hold on a minute or two - I'll find something to have a good old b1tch session :D:D

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts

o dear, did i cause this upset? :confused: :(

it feels rather directed this way :( :( :(

no offense was ment and lack of a asking price was also not ment to cause problems

just to clarify the bike IS for sale at the right price of course (ha ha which hasent been disclosed yet) lol :angel9:

sorry again to cause this upset didnt mean to........will try to be more clear in future......

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
o dear, did i cause this upset? :confused: :(

it feels rather directed this way :( :( :(

no offense was ment and lack of a asking price was also not ment to cause problems

just to clarify the bike IS for sale at the right price of course (ha ha which hasent been disclosed yet) lol :angel9:

sorry again to cause this upset didnt mean to........will try to be more clear in future......
No, it was not you in particular !! lots of folk seem to do it, The old straw and camel's back analogy !!

And the asking price is ?????

and where do we bring the cash ?? the nearest 50 mile radius or major town / city is good enough !!!.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
I agree with that last post Jack, when i bought my Strom i had to travel 130 miles to pick it up (not that far but far enough) and the guy had interest and probably could have sold it before i got there but kept it for me as i had travelled down specifically for the bike, top bloke :thumbup:
couldn't you have got him to post it to your door!!??

Z:D:cool::blob7:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Sorry to hijack, one thing that really does p*ss me off and has a week or so ago is when an item is advertised and you PM the seller wait a few days and nothing, then you chase up and nothing then you see the next post by the seller saying sold. I find it so rude that certain people don't have the manners to even respond to a PM even if it is to say 'sorry it's sold'.

People can be so ignorant:(

Rant over....

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
god you lot are grumpy today, now pack it in!!!!!!!!!!

After all it's really not that important is it, a little inconvenient maybe but not really a life changing mistake by anyone is it.

Put it in perspective, life is far too short to get irritated by such little things. I've spent the last week breaking bad news and supporting families of my sickest patients, half of which were under the age of 60 and today we've lost the fight with one of them so I am very sad and a little grumpy

Who cares about a few omissions in a for sale ad, now lighten up and stop taking things so seriously you grumpy lot and get back to having some fun and enjoying your bikes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts