Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nipped out for a quick spin around the local hills this morning, seeing as the sun was out and the roads are still relatively free of salt (well, most of them)
Slipped along the northern bank of the Spey, heading for Grantown, and somehow rode onto one of the fishermans tracks

River Spey - Castle Grant beat

Carried on and crossed the river towards Cromdale. Wandered up a road I’ve not wandered before and found yet another distillery that I’ve not visited before. Another picture for an ancient thread :-

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-reports-pictures/22979-whisky-trail.html

Belmanach distillery

Threaded my way onto the Tomintoul road and onto another dirt track (there’s a trend forming here). This is just south of the Brig o Brown café – you can see the road leading back towards Grantown behind the bike
Hill nr Brig O Brown

Visited a recently rebuilt section of local road next. A 200m section was completely washed away in the August deluge :(. Respect to the contractors for getting the section rebuilt in just 6 weeks :thumbright:. That 6 weeks includes them having do re-do a large part of their efforts about 2 weeks after they’d started, as another deluge brought the river levels up again and washed away a good deal of the work they’d already completed!

River Avon near rebuilt section of road

Home via the new Glen Livet bike trail centre, just to see which parts of the forest they’d sectioned off for cyclists. I have ridden the wood several times in the past, so it was interesting to see which bits they were using, so’s I can avoid them next time I get lost in the woods.

Ace day out on the ‘ickle F658 Beemer, testing the DIY sump guard and newly fitted Tourances.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Nice to see you getting about with the Beemer Steve, pissing with rain here today but tomorrow looks more promising. :confused:

Andy.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
thanks for sharing . after looking at this i'm inspired (and others probably will too :toothy9:)to do some forestry tracks myself now tomorrow as I haven't been off tarmac in a while plenty of narrow little roads up over the hills all right lately . last sunday I went for a long fast spin on good roads leaving too late and getting home too late so I was starting to feel the cold for the last hour . time to break out the spada one piece lined oversuit . not only does it keep the rain out but its keeps the cold out great too when worn over a loads of warm clothes ( takes a while to get it all on and I look even more that the Michelin man than usual but it works )between that , my heavy thermal hikeing socks good cordura winter gloves and wool under gloves ,heavy fleece neck tube I will be toasty . I will stick back in the pin lock visor insert too as the cold breeze is not so good . mind you I was out for a few handy spins or around 10 miles during the week and it was mild enough . sorry if im hijacking your thread a bit but it for the benefit of anyone who's not been out blating about for a while . it could be a bit fresh tomorrow so stick on at least 3 pairs of kacks to keep yer nuts from freezing off . :thumbright:

a handy tip a light coat of shaveing foam on the inside of a visor left to dry maybe with a little help from a hair dryer then lightly wiped off with a cloth prevent visors from fogging up .

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clocked up just over 1k miles on it so far, and it is working it's way into my regular riding choice list :D.

Just in from the local fireworks display - pished down throughout :(

Hopefully tomorrow will be a repeat of todays weather - planning on paying the Commando memorial at Spean Bridge a visit :salute:

Steve T

:cool:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Looks like you had a great day

Hope all is well matey

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Thanks for posting Steve. Some fantastic pics as per. What always gets me is the scale of your 'local hills'. Not the height but the distances. I've got Dartmoor in my backyard, but you can cross that in about an hour. Your patch seems vast by comparison.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts