Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst building House I have not had time with work or house to go out on the Fat Bird, SO Today was the day I had thrown toys out of pram, donned the water proof enduro kit and went for it. Over the Bwlch, Rhigos, Penderyn, HeolSenny, Sennybridge, Llanwrthted wells, Abersycan Via a nice forest section advised by my mate the warden, nice hard gravell tracks with some soft sections finishing By Strata Florida's Start point, over Tregarron, Back round Llyn Briane, Llandovery, Sennybridge, Terries van A470, Penderyn, Rhigo, Bwlch and home all with only one peiss stop.
Got home and nearly fell off bike my sholders are killing me, my knees have dropped off and my right wrist is floppy. loads of heavy wind out, only a splattering of the wet stuff.
will never leave it this long again with out going out on a little adventure I feel relaxed now.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Was feeling similarly 'under par' for lack of opportunity for bike riding, and today the sky was blue and the sun shone :sunny: (though the temperature was still a wee bit "chilly" and the wind blowing fit to burst). Had that nagging "Morag" voice playing in the back of my mind - not sure she'd even start or I'd still be able to ride, it had been so long. So, abandoned all other duties, and saddled her up. She started straight on the button, and although nervous, I found her easy enough to ride. Didn't go far - just a scenic 10miles round the block - but enough to encounter some tricky hill starts, traffic stop-start, and riding through water where the reservoir had overflowed onto the road. Piece of cake :thumbup:. Feel so much better for having done it.:) Moral is, get out and ride, whenever and wherever you can, even if it is only just for half an hour or so. Blows the cobwebs away a treat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts