Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Although I've been a member for years I've never posted before as usually, thanks to the folks that do I usually find what I need...But!
I'm rebuilding my 94 A/T and despite taking pictures before disassembly I'm at a total loss as to where the smaller of the 2 side stand springs locates. It can't be just me
as I've had 2 other old hands have a look and a time served mechanic,it's turning into a workshop beer game!
It might not help that the mounting bracket has been powder coated and is hiding something.
Also I've got the dreaded cable routing problems,I've found the great clutch post with pictures but can't find anything else.
Does anyone know if there is a current link to Cookie's stripdown photo's as I'm sure they'd help a lot of us.
Thanks in advance!:)

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,Thanks for the link but it's the side stand I'm struggling with.
I just can't see where the smaller of the 2 springs goes.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Just had a look on my bike i only have one spring fitted, i think the small spring fits inside the larger spring and mounts in the same place. I could only find one picture in the manual showing the two springs well part of them

IMG_8553.jpg

Reactions: zappafreak

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks people! I'll give it another go. It must have looked obvious when I stripped it otherwise I would have made a note.
It's possible the powder coating has obscured something. The small spring is different to the large one in that it's ends are at 90 degrees to one another.
I'm sure I can live without it it's just annoying that I haven't got that many "left over" bits after reassembly.
I'll keep you posted and maybe put a photo up if I can slay the inner technophobe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts