Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good firetrack roads in or around the Brecon Beacons?

I have promised myself to get the bike dirty next year. I have a couple of hours free and fancied trying something easy (not enough time to do the Touratech event but will do one next year).

I have been searching forums like mad to no avail and will pore over the OS maps later for BOATs and RUPPs on but thought someone on xrv would know.

Cheers and happy new year

G

·
Administrator
1,764 Posts
Not sure of up-to-date status, and I've only done them by Land Rover,but there are various bits of the Roman road "Sarn Helen" in the Beacons area, which are very "scenic". Also another bit of Roman road near Trecastle / Crai Reservoir.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of up-to-date status, and I've only done them by Land Rover,but there are various bits of the Roman road "Sarn Helen" in the Beacons area, which are very "scenic". Also another bit of Roman road near Trecastle / Crai Reservoir.
Being a law-abiding citizen, I've emailed Monmouthshire to find out what is legal. Sarn Helen is clearly a hotly contested route. I haven't heard of the Trecastle roman road - thanks - Google maps here I come...

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Hello but how's it doing, where you living. There are a few of us in SWales who take big bikes off road on the scret tracks around the beacons and south, drop us a PM and I can give you OSGB grid figures and we could meet up. I ride a GSA with tourances. have a look at some of the ride reports:mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Hello but how's it doing, where you living. There are a few of us in SWales who take big bikes off road on the scret tracks around the beacons and south, drop us a PM and I can give you OSGB grid figures and we could meet up. I ride a GSA with tourances. have a look at some of the ride reports:mrgreen:

Whatever you do,do not go out with J. He knows nothing about offroading,just lies to you when you ask him how much further to go. He lures you into mud traps and then pretends he did not know about them.
:toothy1:

Best time of my life :toothy10:
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Whatever you do,do not go out with J. He knows nothing about offroading,just lies to you when you ask him how much further to go. He lures you into mud traps and then pretends he did not know about them.
:toothy1:

Best time of my life :toothy10:
:thumbup:
I'll second that... And when he says "that was the worst bit and it's easer from here on" don't believe him. :)

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
I'll second that... And when he says "that was the worst bit and it's easer from here on" don't believe him. :)

Ha ha, just think I've been mountaineering with him for over 20.years, his ability to understate difficulty, distance and depth of mud never fails to amaze me

:D

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Don't listen to them they be poofs. I ride with metzler tourances. Not poofy heidenhaus.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Poofs all bloody poofs
:D:D:D:D:D:D you forgot to mention they be slick tourances too:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: though i seem to remember the (camp commandant) saying you lost the plot a bit when he caught you dropping it with his camera:toothy10:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts