Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Refreshing the Harley threads as no one has posted any for a while, well it is Honda Trail bikes after all!.

I purchased a solo seat for my Great White Whale (Harley 91 FLHTP) at the Shepton jumble. The seat is for a 97 on RoadKing so it is not correct for the bike, but it was cheapish (for harley bits) and it looked like it could be adapted. Well it fits much better than is suggested in many forums, sits on the frame OK with a gap between seat nose and trim panel that can be filled with a pad.
However to fit the holding down bolts is difficult if you have large hands as you cannot get past the wheel to the underside of the mudguard.
Required jacking the bike up undoing the lower shocker bolts to drop the wheel, but the axle bolt fouls the silencer so that has to come off as well, put the bolts in and rebuild the bike.
Was it worth the effort, I think so, did 3 hours in the saddle and it seemed OK.
Now I have to remove the rack and make a numberplate holder so the top of the mudguard is cleaner. Not sure if I should retain an above the tail light position or change the plate to below it, but it all has to be reversable as I need to be able to refit the dual seat and rack.
Before and after
HD 91 FLHTP dual solo.jpg

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Looks real nice

Thanks for sharing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts