Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologise in advance for this thread, if any of my fellow mods feel it is offensive please remove it :D:D

Not the most domestic girlie but have been home very bored for the last couple of weeks sat down to watch the Hairy Bikers and fancied one of the dishes so i gave it a go. It's kind of related to bikes because of the Hairy Bikers :D

Cause I can't ride yet and do ride reports I have done a Cook report :shock: :shock: How sad am I?

I made something called Beef empanadas
Started by making the dough, with plain flour, lard and butter and baking powder. the ususal stuff breadcrumbs with the flour, baking soda, lard and butter then add water to make it a nice consistancy

needed all of this for the middle

Heated up some olive oil and then fried an OXO which made my smoke alarm go off
:shock:

added the finely chopped steak and cooked it till it looked lovely

then chopped the onions garlic and pepper and fried those in a bit of olive oil too. added some wine, paprika, chilli and cumin

added a little wine for me too

added the meat to the veg and let it all cool.

rolled the pastry and put the filling in then coated it with egg

this is the finished meal. It was a bit like a spicy pasty but bloody lovely

I really need to get back to work

·
Registered
782 Posts
That`s my size of wine glass !! :D :D :D

I like the bit about the smoke alarm ;)

HINT FOR FUTURE RECIPES.........unwrap the OXO before frying it ....

Heh heh heh

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
It looks bloody marvelous !!! I'm on my way, save me some plonk. Oh, and not as much rabbit food on my plate.

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
First the XRV Forum... NEXT A Day Time TV Program... The world is your oyster... :rolleyes:

A Little more exciting rabbit stuff next time thought please... ;)

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
HUUUUGE GREAT GLASS OF WINE
HUUUUUGE PASTY THINGY
keep this up for a few weeks and your gonna need to trade up to a vara
i bet the choccies are taking a bashing too eh?

only joking.;) .........keep your chin up be back on your feet soon,just don't rush the healing and enjoy the time at home

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
looks great.. I think I go to lunch now

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
is the wine glass as big as her head :?:
Optical illusion Critch... She’s really got a very small head...

(Something to do with being caught by a tribe of Amazonian Pigmy’s when she was a child, they shrunk it during a secret ceremony while trying to turn her into the image of her Avator... Luckily though she managed to escape in time before they had a chance to start transplanting on some fur!)...

:rolleyes:

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Can get almost a whole bottle of wine in there :D
Yeah thats as might be babe, but a Grenache Shiraz with beefy stuff...!!! (Ok with the rabbit offerings maybe... But didn't you get the 'Raspberry and Rose Petals' Bouquet Ummmm....? You see, way way to fragile for Beef ;) )

I'll obviously resist the Jacobs Creek attack incase Xander reading (a friend in need and all that... :rolleyes: Howz it going Blue? ;) ) :D

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
I'll obviously resist the Jacobs Creek attack incase Xander reading (a friend in need and all that... :rolleyes: Howz it going Blue? ;) ) :D
Attack away... I am not a big fan of CB.. like wolf blast much more:confused2::confused2::confused2:

And the expression is "Howsit gowgn Bluu?" well if you are my father or grand father... I have not heard any one called blue in decades... C0ck yeah but blue no...:tongue1:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Look you can put other stuff in them, I am going to have to delay my return to work for a while

I got some cooking to do :D

http://gosouthamerica.about.com/cs/southamerica/a/Empanada.htm

if I keep this up I will end up looking like this

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: fantastic:D i got me one of those one bottle glasses they are well cool eh:cool: :cool:

after seeing that mabel im bloody salivating:D :D

oh and i dont give a hoot about the crimping it wouldnt stay on the plate ,long enough to worry what it looks like:D :D

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
oh and i dont give a hoot about the crimping it wouldnt stay on the plate ,long enough to worry what it looks like:D :D
Produce a pasty crimped like that in Cornwall and you would be shot.

Joking. It does look tasty but needs CHIPS, not salad.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts