Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm travelling down to the Welsh Bat Conference at the start of next month.
I know the nice routes to Aberystwyth, but can anyone recommend any great roads between Aberystwyth and Carmarthen?

Cheers

Karl

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Depending on how long you want to take, I think I'd go Aberystwyth to Cwmystwyth, over to Rhyader via the reservoirs then down towards Llandovery, Llandeilo then Camarthen. It's about 90 miles

Some of my most favourite roads in that area.
I second that and I live in Carmarthen - you may pass God on your travels he lives here! ;-)

·
Administrator
1,770 Posts
Or from Llandovery, turn off at Llangadog and over the Black mountain to Brynamman, if you like views and hairpins.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Depending on how long you want to take, I think I'd go Aberystwyth to Cwmystwyth, over to Rhyader via the reservoirs then down towards Llandovery, Llandeilo then Camarthen. It's about 90 miles

I'd have to agree with the geographically challenged one :D:D:D

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts

Yep, I'd go with that as well. I recently spent a few days camping and riding around Cwmystwyth area, including near enough that route! Stunning roads and scenery. I wrote the trip up here, with pics as well...Ride Report here

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys, there are some great roads there, that's for sure.

Isn't it blooming typical though! My intention was to leave work early on the Friday and enjoy a nice leisurely ride down. Now instead I will be working till at least 5pm as we have now arranged interviews for that date for a job vacancy we've got. :(

I don't mean any offence to the applicants, but I hope that all those due for after 2pm decide not to turn up!!!

Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy the Monday ride back home as I'm staying over till then!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts