Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding.
My engine is done and ready to drop back into the frame and before I put it back in I have decided to polish the engine casings instead of painting them.
I have started with 220 grit sand paper and work my way through 600 then 400 wet and dry but its I long and tedious task.
I have got my BBC iplayer tuned to radio 1 pumping loud music through my amp.
With the help of some homegrown tobacco that keeps mysteriously popping up in my garden, my clutch casing should be ready for a photo op later this afternoon, I will post a photo when I get bored, finished or stop for a munchies break and a cold beer.
Is it just me or do others find polishing theraputic?:blob2:

PS, anyone recommend any good radio stations online that would help make the job more tollerable? :happy10::happy10::happy10:

·
Registered
942 Posts
try radio 6 loads of great music with out any one direction type rubbish,
i dont find polishing at all theraputic,in fact i find it tedious and boring , but its 20 years since i gave up the weed so that could be my problem,
i'd rather paint it black and be done with it :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Would that be bbc radio six or summit local?
20 yrs ago when you was a lad, you didnt have the type of weed that myseriously pops in my garden available which is approved by my doctor for a medical condition I have and its not naughty to grow it.(honest occifer)
The bizzies over here have got better things to do than hassle a bunch of old farts like me.
Where did I put them papers, work to be done, by the way, has anyone ever done a street tracker with a single sided swinging arm ?
Its time to raid the fridge, I suddenly have a craving for apple pie and custard and another beer. :happy10::happy10::happy10:

PS.
Lovin that radio 6 dukebox after the first song, that is really stretching my wharfdale black diamond shelf speakers.....

·
Registered
942 Posts
yep bbc radio 6 music,
and i think we are talking about very similar weed,unless your smoking dandelions that is :toothy4:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Dandelions are the scourge of my garden, I hate the blighters and I dont like using chemicals that is made to kill the little f--k--s.
The only weed to be encouraged in my garden is a sativa indica hybrid called white widow.
Queen of the coffee shop menus in Amsterdam and Copenhagen and not at all like them silly skunk genetically modified brain killers.
This fills you up with creativity and positive energy, much better than Red Bull or Beer.IMHO
Time to get back to my polishing

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto part Engine

Quite a result for an afternoons work.
Can you treat it with anything to stop it going dull?
Time to do the other side.:razz::razz::razz:
Sorry about the crappy phone pic.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mmm think I need a session in the garage with some of that naturally growing stuff because I have lots of lil jobs need doing on my dommie and sometimes I lack patience...

Need to get motivated to get out there and once im out there I need to stop getting side tracked I always end up doing other things.

Look forward to seeing some pics when your done scouseviking :cool:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I always used to polish the casings on my bikes , I tried lacquering them but it does not last long and you lose the lustre , so I just kept them unlaquered and cleaned them more , quick rub over with some solvoautosol ,squirt of WD 40 and they lasted

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The other side is done now so all we got to do is put the engine back where it belongs and fire this puppy up and give it a little test drive.
My plan is to have some fun on it while I get hold of another rolling chassis.
Will my 94 engine fit into an 88-89 frame cos I want to put together a street tracker like some of the fine examples I have seen on here while I still enjoy blasting round on my 94.
I already have the tank, side panels and tail piece sorted, just need to save up the dosh to continue with this project.
I even treated myself to some new fly maverick motocross boots so I can strut my stuff :cool::cool::cool:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Beer driven engine courtesy of Augustiner Brau of Munich and boxes provided by African Simba and modded by myself.
Still need to bodge up a mounting system.:thumbup:

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Compressor Gas compressor

Thats the other side done so I suppose I should get it back in to the bike, too late to start today.
I am sooooo done with polishing:blob8:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts