Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any direct experience of this ACCELERATOR - The extra boost your BMW boxer needs

I know there is loads of anecdotal stuff on ukgser but I trust the people here and value their opinion.

£30 delivered for a couple of plugs and a few pence worth of components but if it smooths out the bottom end then it's worth it. If it actually works that is.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
That looks pretty much like the ReCyclizer that was developed on the Dutch GS forum.

I've heard good things about it, even if I don't have one of those newfangled computerized bikes myself. ;-)

Mind you, if you still need to worry about warranties on your new pride and joy, this will break them, BMW haven't exactly shown themselves very lenient in that department.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
the word on the street:D:D is that its quite good and for 30sovs itsgot to be worth the crack:thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
You have only had the thing five minutes and you are going to be fiddling with it already? ;):D

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have only had the thing five minutes and you are going to be fiddling with it already? ;):D

Andy.

I know but there is only a couple of things that annoy me. One is it's weaker / rougher engine wise at the bottom end than the vara (the rest of the range is better). I was hoping that if this is as good as they say it could sort that out.

The other... Err I cant remember...

Oh hang on its the heated grips. The only have two settings and one is too hot and the other not hot enough but I'm not going to hack them off and fit Oxford ones. The grips are also much thinner than I would like and the tips of my fingers don't touch them and get cold.

I'm not sure what I can do about the diameter of the grips I suppose I could go with some sort of heat conducting overgrip if such a thing exists.

Anyone know of a solution?

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right.....

I've ordered one so watch this space for a truly independent review.

As for the grips I've also ordered Grip Puppies from Sportouring Bike Accessories

They seem to have (mostly) good reviews and work with heated grips and all for £10. If both these things work then my two main gripes with the GSA will be banished.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Right.....
I've also ordered Grip Puppies from Sportouring Bike Accessories
I will be looking forward to your opinion on those as my grips are getting a bit worn. Fitting a sleeve over them sounds like a better(cheaper) option than getting new Triumph grips at the usual inflated Triumph prices. :)

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the accelerator module has arrived this morning. Looks well made and the connectors are of good quality. I've already had the meter on it and can 'see' at least two components.

I'll hopefully find time this afternoon to fit and will post back after a run.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll hopefully find time this afternoon to fit and will post back after a run.
Well it's fitted and it took all of 5 minutes. Now for the run at lunchtime :blob:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it's fitted and it took all of 5 minutes. Now for the run at lunchtime :blob:
And the run at lunchtime has been duly had. As have I..

Nah Just kidding. It makes a noticeable difference below 3000 revs. The low down smoothness I was used to in the Vara had returned and I reckon it can now comfortably pull from another 1000 revs down the range. 40mph in 6th was asking a bit much but it did manage it without me loosing a filling, something that wasn't possible before. I wouldn't necessarily recommend pulling 40 in 6th gear but it worked.

Basically it appears I can comfortably be in one gear higher then before. Everything else seemed to work as before.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It makes a noticeable difference below 3000 revs. .
Update

The bike was in at the BMW dealer yesterday for what turned out to be a complete waste of my time (mutter mutter bloody main dealers) and to be on the safe side I removed the accelerator module before I took it in.

I'm sure it made a difference when I first fitted it but now I've removed it I'm not so sure. Maybe now it's warmed up a bit the difference isn't so noticeable. I'll refit again one day mid ride and see if I can tell if there really is a difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts