Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
there universal will work with any bike but they use kitchen light bulbs and are dire on dark roads

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
there universal will work with any bike but they use kitchen light bulbs and are dire on dark roads

It says on the specs 2 X 55W. Say what is the standard bulbs we have on RD 7's? Electric is not my strong suit. Cant I just plug off the stds from old lamps (or whatever is left of it) and plug it on this cookie?

·
Registered
494 Posts
my kitchen light is 100w but still wouldnt light a road very well too much spread and no pattern
the bulbs really are exacly the same as you get in kitchen spotlights bright to look into but as theres no pattern the light kinda fizzels to nothing im sure somone will be along to explain better shortly but i doubt anyone will say there good there more of a fashon item than a good head light

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou..that says a lot and saves me time and money. so you got urself a cyclope on your twin or some other bike?

·
Registered
494 Posts
i had 1 on a ccm when i brought it but took it off within weeks

·
Matt
182 Posts
Clearly you didn't actually look at the link..........

Acerbis do make some headlights that use bulbs similar to the ones you often find in kitchens, they're not exactly the same. They have a 35° flood, and a 10° spot, and with it set up correctly they're actually not too bad, I have one on my Dakar.

The headlight in the link is one of the 'posher' headlights acerbis make, and it will actually have a proper beam pattern, it doesn't use 'kitchen lights'

To answer the original question, yes it will work on an AT, the front fairing will obviously have to be removed though, they just mount on the top of the fork stantions between the yokes using four rubber staps :thumbright:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the front fairing will obviously have to be removed though, they just mount on the top of the fork stantions between the yokes using four rubber staps :thumbright:
------------------------------------

UGh! Actaully I was just wishing if somebody had said yep it can be fitted inside the upper fairing...! Obviously a wishfull thinking.

I love my bike. But I dont mind streamlining the 80's lines with smth ugglier like for instance the wise ass look of 1150 GS. This product would serve the purpose of facial makeup at acceptable cost.

But messing with front fairing would suggest getting rid of the GIVI windshield and my touratech Hella fog light.

tough

·
Registered
494 Posts
the 1 in the link was the exact one i had on my ccm it was pants

1 - 10 of 10 Posts