Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the new 2013 Acerbis International catalog I saw where the 23l tank shows to be listed now for all the Dominator years. I've tried to contact Acerbis a few times by email with no response. I've also had no luck contacting a couple of Acerbis dealers in Europe. Does anyone know of an Acrebis dealer in Italy I may be able to contact to see if they have happened to release the tanks again?

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
I don't see any on the website (yet?) but the tank for the first model RD02 is 21 liter, not 23.

Most likely I think is that they just said "dominator" for the later tanks, as only the 1988-1990 model was different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see any on the website (yet?) but the tank for the first model RD02 is 21 liter, not 23.

Most likely I think is that they just said "dominator" for the later tanks, as only the 1988-1990 model was different.
I checked again. Page 39 of the International plastics catalog list it for the 88-90 but it does list it as a 23l not the 21l that you pointed out. I guess its more confusing than anything at this point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
About 4 months ago I called Acerbis (UK) about the 4 dominator tanks listed in the international catalogue. All of them nil stock & discontinued in the warehouse in Italy. I think the Italians just have a laid back attitude to updating their catalogue. They do turn up on ebay though you just need to keep looking. I saw nothing for about a year then earlier this year three RD02 tanks were listed on ebay uk on consecutive weeks from different sellers (I managed to scoop up one of them :blob8:).

cheers

Stewart

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
I still have one sitting on a shelf, waiting for a more quiet time this or next year for me to make up my mind whether I want to get another dommie to go under it... I'm kinda missing the big thumper. ;-)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I love the idea of an acerbis tank but apart from the chocolate tea pot/fire guard, rocking horse poo availability I fill it just adds additional problems, IMO the front light, clocks and wiring etc will all need sorting to make it look right.
That said they do look nice when done and the most ugly thing about the whole bike is that naff light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts