Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this for sale and the owner thinks its 20 litres.
What do the markings "1032/90", mean, is that the model of bike it fits?
How much should I offer him,hes had it for sale for about six months and wants £85 for it...
Any weaknesses on these tanks and can I fit my plastic on it? he says it maybe a 95 and mines 94.:thumbup:

Red Product Inflatable Games Tire

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks to be for an RD02 going by the rear mounting lug. The RD02 acerbic tank is 21litres if I remember correctly and the RD08 is 23litres. At £85 i'd bite his hand of. I paid well over £100 for mine off ebay. Ebay prices tend to be between £100 and £150 depending on colour/condition. Bear in mind that you can't get them new anymore so if you want one you are at the mercy of the second hand market. I've never heard of anybody having a problem with an acerbic tank on any bike.
In short, it's a bargain you should buy it (or pass the details on to me and I'll buy it as it looks in better condition than my one!).
cheers
Stewart

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Will the fairing fit ok because I have found this one one from 1992 also, the red one is from 95 and my bike is 94.
Is there any difference in the two tanks and which one will fit including fairing?

Wood Hardwood Floor Plywood Flooring

I only need one of em so which should I go for?

·
Registered
742 Posts
They are both for the RD02 Mk1, the RD02 Mk2 didn't have the grooves in the side.
Buy whatever one comes with the mounting hardware and is the right colour.

·
Registered
179 Posts
also bear in mind getting one the right colour, plastic tanks are prone to attack from the ethanol in petrol and I doubt painting will be an option

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy who has the white one says its a 92 model so it wont fit my bike so if anyone wants to bid on it, knock yourselves out.
Its on german ebay item number:281120363250 and he was asking €20 to post it to Denmark so it should be the same to blighty.:thumbup:
I hope someone here can use it, I think I will stick to my standard one for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts