Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted one from M&P.

Used the Givi top box mount as the base.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£40, well £39.99. But it is very bright.
I'm always seeing cars with one brake/tail light not working and I kept thinking that if mine went I'd have no light at all so a spare would be good. By fitting it to the top box rack it is also higher, which will be handy in traffic.
http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=500627

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like that a lot.....think i will have to purchase.
Be safe be seen!!!
Was it easy enough to wire in?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it easy enough to wire in?
I just cut in to the existing rear light cable. It comes with instructions showing which wire to join but you need the @wiring diagram to now which is which. If I were doing it again I'd buy some of the those clamp-on wire joiners rather than cut into the cable, but plenty of insulation tape has done the trick.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Whealie said:
Just fitted one from M&P.

Used the Givi top box mount as the base.
Is it just a tail light or does it come on with the brake, or both?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just a tail light or does it come on with the brake, or both?
Both.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Thats the cool thing yeah...you can put it pretty much wherever you want!

Shame you can't double up on the LED strips and have one each side on the panniers! Can also set them to flash as sort of makeshift Hazard lights too.

Hmmmm....tempting 8)

Still loving that new Helmet Mav? tempted by one of them too, my Roof is just too damn noisy and dreadful in the winter.

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
Robster said:
Shame you can't double up on the LED strips and have one each side on the panniers!
I bet all the "transmitter bulbs" use the same frequency, so you could run two one the same bike.

Mind you, if you were next to another bike with one in traffic it could cause some "amusing" effects...

(like the cordless keyboard user in the next door office using "my" cordless mouse frequency; thankfully she didn't type "/bin/rm -rf /"... but I do know at least one of her passwords now :twisted: )

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Robster said:
Still loving that new Helmet Mav? tempted by one of them too, my Roof is just too damn noisy and dreadful in the winter.
Mate so far so good and enjoying it much more than my system V or AGV I had before that. I might note that because of the sharp angle of the visor your vision does seem a bit strange untill you get used to it. It's like your'e being crossed eyed if that would explain the feeling.

But after day two it was snug and very comfy with enough airflow to ride in this heat without needing to open the visor at all. This being the darkish visor is of course a treat since I don't have to wear sunnies which is sometimes a PIA.

It is still early days to give a proper verdict but for £89 what have you got to lose....well except the £89 :lol:

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Maverick said:
I might note that because of the sharp angle of the visor your vision does seem a bit strange untill you get used to it. It's like your'e being crossed eyed if that would explain the feeling.
My mate said exactly the same thing about his Arai Tour X after he first got it...so even the more expensive lids have the same little quirks.

Goddamnit I'm bleeding myself dry with this new bike! Toys toys and more toys! Bring 'em on! :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts