1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Junior
457 Posts
Alrite Lee . They look good , just to give you heads up on Chinese leaves I had experience .
Mate got set for R1 ... he's brakes star lock on and wouldn't release , turned out to be part leaver that push piston on master cylinder was about 1mm out spec and would release piston all the way so end up grinding off bit . Other wise yeah better then standard .

Val

2 bikes , twice is happy ?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I often expect small tweaks when buying cheap parts from China. But hey $19.99usd is only 16 quids, and that includes shipping. Well worth the excitation of waiting for another parcel from Hong-Kong. I bought a short and a long set. Most of the times, these levers don't have a brass sleeve in the pivot. So, when they start wearing out, I will just remove a sleeve for an old lever, drill the worn lever and press the bushing.

The French eBay has similar levers for our Africa Twins, except they sell three times the price, plus shipping... Too much money to me for experimenting.

BTW You guys will notice that the levers (both models), as pictured, cannot possibly fit our bikes. They are just generic pictures. Therefore it adds to the mystery and the excitation ;-)

Leviers long levers CNC titane titanium Honda toutes Africa TWIN 750 XRV | eBay

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
eBay even offers clutch and brake levers for kinky riders ;-)

Still can't figure out that one...

And even multi racial orgy

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I received my short set and still await for the long set.

So far, so good. Installing the brake lever is a slam dunk. It fits perfectly. The clutch lever is perhaps 0.1mm too thick. I will see tomorrow what I can do. But hey, for the price, it is unbeatable. Will post pictures tomorrow.

BTW They were 16 £ a set and with free shipping.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Can you post a picture of them installed?
I would like to see how short are short ones compared to original

Sent from my HomTom HT3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Short (top) vs Long vs stock.

The short one is barely shorter than a stock lever, but I find the shape quite annoying. You have about two inches of lever to grab. Basically it is 3 fingers wide. While on a stock lever, you can use four fingers.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW There's a Ducati / MV Agusta dealer a few blocks away. And they have CNC adjustable levers for these bikes. Probably "made" by Magura. I compared them with mine that cost me 16 quids. They were 99.99% identical. Except that the ones at the Ducati store were an exact 10 times the price....

·
Registered
552 Posts
Short (top) vs Long vs stock.

The short one is barely shorter than a stock lever, but I find the shape quite annoying. You have about two inches of lever to grab. Basically it is 3 fingers wide. While on a stock lever, you can use four fingers.
Hmmm, those angles make usable length shorter than on original. Ergonomics wise I don't know what is better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Lee, any update on how this worked out? I bought myself an AT yesterday, and the clutch lever is annoying the hell out of me. Would love to see how these looks on the bike =)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The right lever (front brakes) fits like a glove.

The left lever (clutch) is 0.15mm too thick. It needs to be filed down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts