Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Had a FREE half day at the Anglesey circuit (club half of the circuit) last week and found the lowish foot pegs are grinding way too easily!

So had a good read about this commonish (adventure bike) problem when I got home, and came across a solution, these :

( Vario 30mm Adjustable Front Footrests Foot pegs ) from M&P on ebay.

There are some similar Jap ones off ebay for 35 quid..

They are similar to the ones used on the Pikes Peak multistrada. (BTW I know the Dero ain't no Multi, its better!)

Anyone any experience with them or similar?

Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

Update on the peg situation.

I finally got hold of some Honda fitment Vario pegs with 30mm offset plates off EBay! For 43 notes delivered.

It seems that most honda (roadbike) pegs have the same fitting dimentions, mine are from a 2009 CBR1000RR!

They do look a bit different/odd/small on the Varadero.

The reason I am doing this is because I got home after a half day at The Anglesey circuit & realised I had worn through my Daytona boots (VERY UPSETTING) so something had to be done!

Once fitted they feel as robust as the original pegs, slight raising can be felt but not much.

Not too sure I will get away with 30mm riser plates, so on the look out for 50mm so I can tackle the fearsome Church bend at the Anglesey circuit at full lean without wrecking another set of boots!

Regards,

Firedero.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thought I's tidy up this thread with some pictures & notes :thumbup:

Here is the reason I looked into various different foot pegs.

Personally, I think you'll be hard pressed to beat the original pegs & their placement for comfort.

The MFW pegs usually go on in the summer months, as well as the different wheels with sticky tyres :thumbup:

Winter time, the bike is fitted with the original wheels shod with Metzeler Tourance's & standard pegs :thumbup:

Here are some pictures of the pegs in my possession.

From the top.

1. VTR 1000 pegs.
2. Original Varadero.
3. SW Motech.
4. MFW (Honda fitment) with 20mm plates.
5. MFW (Unknown fitment) with 50mm plates.

Here is a picture of the adjustment the SW's will give you :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts