Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TB
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had a look at my haynes manual and can't quite figure out if its possible to shorten the span on the front brake lever on a 2001 transalp - any help?
TB

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
If you look at fische you can see you need to strip the assembly down
1 - loosen off the knurled nut
2 - Remove part 22
3 - Adjust part 24 for the distance required
4 - replace part 22 with a bit of grease
then tackle the rest of the rusty bits untill it starts to shine again, go for a ride and catch flies in your teeth cos your so happy

edit no need to strip anything down just turn to adjust

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Mmmm I hope this doesn't sound rude Lutin, but have you ever used ACF50....

The dial control doesn't adjust the span, it just adjusts at what point you start feeling the brakes start to bite.

Some people might prefer the brakes working earlier, some people might want to have more of a handful before braking really kicks in. Basically it controls the distance the lever is pulled back before braking is felt, but does not affect span.

How about a dog leg lever?

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Mmmm I hope this doesn't sound rude Lutin, but have you ever used ACF50....

The dial control doesn't adjust the span, it just adjusts at what point you start feeling the brakes start to bite.

Some people might prefer the brakes working earlier, some people might want to have more of a handful before braking really kicks in. Basically it controls the distance the lever is pulled back before braking is felt, but does not affect span.

How about a dog leg lever?
Ummmmm pretty sure it does adjust the span by pushing the lever away/toward the business end of the master cylinder. Certainly seems to on my TA and the Vara anyway. Could be the thread is knackered and turning the knurled adjuster is having no effect .

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
+1 for wot Austin said :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
On my Bandits and ZZR I used to have, it would affect the position at which the brakes began to bite and not the distance to the lever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts