Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  happyman 
#1 ·
Hello,

I moved to a little village outside Barcelona a few months ago, and though the public transport is brilliant here, I'm thinking of getting a moto (bike) like so many others do here.

I would be travelling to and from the train station every day, but would also like to go for trips around the country side on weekends (possibly up to the pyrenees one day!) - so just wondered if anyone had any advice on any particular bikes that would suit a newcomer like me??

I haven't got my license yet either, so to begin with I would probably just want a 125 - its too hilly round here for a 50!

Thanks! :)

#4 ·
Gotta second the baby V. my first bike too.

#5 ·
I would have to agree with the varadero 125.
I currently share one with my son between us we have clocked up 30,000 miles in about 3 years with only normal running maintenance (tyres, chain, brake pads etc). I have now crossed my fingers and touched wood, you just know its going to happen now i've said this.:D
Smooth ride, the feel of a big bike all round great machine

#6 ·
Or of course the Suzuki Vanvan (how did y'all know I was going to say that :rolleyes:). Have had mine a couple of years now and never misses a beat despite outright mistreatment. Fun and funky, stable, not super-fast (well, hey, it's a 125) but always a joy to ride :thumbup:.

#7 ·
Of course the baby-Vara is built in a little village outside of Barcelona too :) The same goes for the Transalp; if you could get your full bike licence a 650 transalp would be better for the weekends. They are both very popular in Catalunya, try eBay.es or motos.es

#8 ·
another vote for the 125 Vara, my first bike, had it for 2 years and never put a foot wrong, on road or green lanes

#9 ·
The one downside to the Vara125 is that because it looks like a regular big bike (to the cagers anyway) when you come up behind a car doing 50 they sometimes move over to let you overtake and you find yourself thinking i can't because it doesn't have the power. You can sometimes see them looking in the mirrors and thinking why don't you overtake them.

#11 ·
Wow, thanks for all the tips guys! So the 'baby-Vara' is built in Barca? Then I'll keep an eye out for that, and keep it local - plus help out the Spanish economy!! Will also check out eBay.es and motos.es, will let you know how i get on... Thanks again! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.