Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came out of my house to be greeted with the sight of my xl650 flat on it's side, a mother on the school run reversed into it and it took quite a whack. took it to the garage and found out the right hand bar riser had snapped in the yoke on top of the fairings cracked mountings all snapped. garage said it would be at least £600 to fix. other party said if its too much they will go through claims trouble is pretty sure insurance will write it off, plus if it goes through insurance do i lose no claims and face higher premiums? never had to claim before.:(

·
Registered
964 Posts
Go through insurance to make sure you get something and ask to buy it back then sort yourself if they write it off. Only my thoughts.......

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
1. you have to tell your insurance company whether or not you claims. That may affect your premium - if you live next door tot eh sort of driver who reverses into motorbikes then the insurer may raise the premium over all.
2. As this will be entirely the other party's fault you and your insurer will recover all your costs from them, so you will end up without a claim affecting your no claims discount.
3. During this sort of claim, while your bike is being repaired you will be entitled to another bike temporarily, if you need one. The other driver's insurance will have to pay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts