Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new to the forum so please be kind!
I'm looking at buying a 91 CR250 and just wanted to know what you think of them. Are they well known to have problems? What are they like to ride? Also if I do go for this bike I've been looking at, what should I look out for and what info should I find out about it? BTW it will only be used off road, I don't yet have a bike license.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Henry

·
Registered
183 Posts
The CR250 is a good MX bike, I have had many from the mid 80's to 2006, currently riding a CRf450r or a 1991 500, watch out for all the usual things, fork seals, wheel swinging arm bearings etc, damage to the engine cases, dirty oils and air filters, bare in mind its almost 20 years old and will have had a hard life, parts are not cheap and it will break at some point, the 91 bikes are not as valuble as the pre 89 for evo class racing, how much is it and do you have any pictures??

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
As above. A 20yr old MX bike can require plenty of work, depending on who's had it. Aside from doing you're own MOT style inspection, take the magneto cover off (it isnt full of oil), grasp the flywheel - if there's up/down play the main bearings need replacing - a full engine strip job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts