Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
need advice on what seat convertions r out there and the best one to get..
After 50 miles my backside is killing me, there is toutech but it seems alot of money for a seat.
Does anybody have a seat i can buy, or a old seat i can have gel linned.
Thanks karl

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Okay so mines a Transalp, but the seat slopes down where you sit, so unlike any other bike I've had, your back side feels like it's tearing away after 50 miles; very uncomfortable. It feels like your skin and muscle is tearing away.
So, I've fitted a sheepskin cover; actually a small rug. It improves it, but for my next trip, I will be putting a small square of thin foam under the Sheeps skin, to flatten out the seat, so that I'm sitting on the seat and not sliding down it.
One thing, the sheep skin makes the seat quite slippery, or actually, it makes you quite slippery across it.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I got my AT seat done by a firm in Leicester - theyare upholsterers and seem to know about AT seats - the job cost about £25 and it was a few days turn around - they removed a small amount of the existing foam and relaced it with a softer one I believe and put the cover back - qualty job - no way of telling except it is now a lot more comfortable and softer for longer journeys - 200 miles plus no problem.

I cannot remember the name but it has been mentioned on this site so search aoround or I am sure someone else will find it - if I do I will repost.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
G & A Wells, 9 Hall Croft, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE12 9AN
Phone: 01509 504700

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
Mmmmmm, got to disagree with the negatives on the sheep skin - I've just done the first journey of over 1500 miles on mine for TLD and it was a vast improvement - and not at all slippery even when damp - it does make your regions sweaty though!

Well worth the 20 odd quid it cost from the horsey bit of 'Go-Outdoors'....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi I have just had my seat re-upholstered by a company called vikingvinyl near Brands Hatch in kent.Lee will do the job while you wait and i can confirm he does an excellent job ,had slightly stiffer/harder foam and a gel pad fitted cost 100quid.

A marked improvement on the original as i had ridden the africa twin up from Spain to his shop ,then on the return back to Spain 300kms at a time no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts