Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my monitors just gone tits up so i need to sort one or the kids will hijack my laptop:pale::pale: any idea on the best supplier i want to get new for things like guarentees etc ..but dont want to break the bank:rolleyes:

cheers
chad:D

·
Widget
324 Posts
kelkoo

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Well as its for them just go in to somewhere like PC World and get the cheapest you can find.

It you were looking for something better then go for the Benq which is listed on PC Pro's A list as the best 17-19 monitor.

G

·
Before I comment, what exactly do you do on the computer, what size/type was your old one...Are you looking for the same type or slightly better and what's your budget?

Kymmy

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before I comment, what exactly do you do on the computer, what size/type was your old one...Are you looking for the same type or slightly better and what's your budget?

Kymmy
the old one was a 17in seemed fine . the kids play a few games watch music vids etc as for budget i havnt a clue £100 enough:confused:

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Chad... OK Is the Monitor Switch on at the mains...? ;)

I'm with Dave... Monitors are now considered a disposable item...

Don't buy a warrenty... Just choose 17" or 19" and go for the cheapest...

PC world... (If you've got one local...) Are OK'ish... Just avoid asking for any advice...!

17" PC World Here
19" PC World Here

Don't go fancy, not worth the cost.... And shopping on the Net might save you £10-£15... Is it worth the time? Don't get to hung up on Branding... (Not many people actually know Acer (Considered a Cheap Brand), make kit for most of the Major Branded Brands who just rebadge it.... Just stay aways from Packard Bell, nasty stuff!)

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chad... OK Is the Monitor Switch on at the mains...? ;)

I'm with Dave... Monitors are now considered a disposable item...

Don't buy a warrenty... Just choose 17" or 19" and go for the cheapest...

PC world... (If you've got one local...) Are OK'ish... Just avoid asking for any advice...!

17" PC World Here
19" PC World Here

Don't go fancy, not worth the cost.... And shopping on the Net might save you £10-£15... Is it worth the time? Don't get to hung up on Branding... (Not many people actually know Acer (Considered a Cheap Brand), make kit for most of the Major Branded Brands who just rebadge it.... Just stay aways from Packard Bell, nasty stuff!)
cheers for that mate:)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I think I'm going to be spoilt at work now - we've all just got 24" widescreens, and boy it's big!

honestly girls, men and their screens. They always reckon theirs is bigger.

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
Chad, check out CCL Online http://www.cclonline.com/product-categories.asp?category_id=38

Great service, cheap and reasonable delivery charges. I've used them for years and much cheaper and better service than the c*$p that pc-world offer.

Same as Sharribee, I have 5 17" CRT monitors in the office that you could have for nothing problem being that they're in Leeds.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Hi Chad,

I've got a 15" flat screen you can have and use as a temp if you want - I'm in Huntingdon, not far from F1etch.

Nothing wrong with it only changed as I got a 19" from work.

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the offers guys once again this site does the biz :cool:all for one etc:cool::cool::cool:

ive gone for the one that kymmy gave me the link too :Dseems like a good one and a fair price:cool:

thank you all:D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
thanks for all the offers guys once again this site does the biz :cool:all for one etc:cool::cool::cool:
I've being doing my Benedictine spiritual reading today :)shock:) and as part of that was reading a commentary that the individual does not exist for the group - that way lays fashism - rather the group exists for the individual
and I immediately thought of XRV

- the helpfulness of all here
- the shared experiences
- the willingness to go the extra mile
- the moral support when needed
- the kid friendly nature of the site making it a wholesome experience the whole family can enjoy

DaveS, and all those who use and contribute, you really have done a wonderful thing here with this site

:thumbup:

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've being doing my Benedictine spiritual reading today :)shock:) and as part of that was reading a commentary that the individual does not exist for the group - that way lays fashism - rather the group exists for the individual
and I immediately thought of XRV

- the helpfulness of all here
- the shared experiences
- the willingness to go the extra mile
- the moral support when needed
- the kid friendly nature of the site making it a wholesome experience the whole family can enjoy

DaveS, and all those who use and contribute, you really have done a wonderful thing here with this site

:thumbup:
tis true:cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think I'm going to be spoilt at work now - we've all just got 24" widescreens, and boy it's big!
Bah. I'm in the networking game and have two 24" monitors and, to be honest, could do with a bit more screen space - there's just too much to monitor! No pun intented :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts