Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Undergoing Midlife Crisis
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has advertised her mazda MX5 on ebay and recieved the following e-mails. We feel it is a scam but would welcome any advice if you have the time. Thanks in advance Rob.

kindly forward your paypal email email account to me,so that i can proceed the payment asap

i live in wales but am out of town for an assignment

regards

tereza

Hi there
I am delighted you are interested in my car.
The vehicle is in excellent condition as described in the advert.
Where are you based and how will the car be collected?
Please send me a telephone number so we can communicate.
Many thanks
Jo

Hi There,
I am still very much interested in your advert and am please with the price,if you can assure me that the car is in good condition and working perfectly, I'll like you to get back to me it's condition and your final asking price. I will be requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal,so the PayPal charges is on me. Kindly send me your PayPal email address or send me a money request so that i can proceed with the payment asap as am very busy with my United Nations Missionary project and do not have much time around me.

Regards,
Tereza

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Call me cynical, but I would give it a miss!

Andy.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
I've paid money to people who have a paypal account by email with no problem.

Careful though, I think there may be a way to reverse the transaction.

More knowledgeable people will be along soon.

By the way....your punter sounds like a scammer. Mother Tereza, is it?
(f**king missionary, my ar$e!) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Give that a miss.
Typical grammar of the internet scammer. (that scanned well).
I get loads of these messages via my website.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Avoid like the plague...
They live in Wales & your in Scotland !! :confused:
Unless your wife's MX5 is in concourse condition ?... I don't see anyone buying a car that far away when they're readily available anywhere, including Wales :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I went to Edinburgh from Bristol for a K100RS I wanted so if someone wants it, distance isn't an issue.

It's clearly some scamming pillock. Ignore them.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I thought "Ancient" is spelled like this???? Cynical is nowhere near the right word:hitler::D:rolleyes::toothy1:
My experience of people gathered over the years prevents me from posting a sarcastic reply to that comment.................you barsteward. ;):D

Andy.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I went to Edinburgh from Bristol for a K100RS I wanted so if someone wants it, distance isn't an issue.
Granted...
I went to Braintree for my @, but I viewed it before parting with any cash, as any sensible person would :rolleyes:
My point is MX5's are more abundant than @'s or K100's. So why would anyone buy a motor 'blind' (that's 100's of miles away) unless they're an idiot or a scammer...
Same conclusion :thumbup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Scam. Sounds like those Nigerian people are still at it. There's an African flavour to the terrible English.Mind you, you can see that over on ABR any day:angel7:

Scam.

Or if you want some fun, send them a load of fake info and make their day. And ask for their mobile number for those 'out of town' folks. ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Give that a miss.
Typical grammar of the internet scammer. (that scanned well).
I get loads of these messages via my website.
BTW Chunko, I like your metalwork. I've recently seen some fantastic work in metal furniture and noticed that the guy had some kind of laser cutter, as the cuts in plate are so fine. It's all moved a long way since I was a steel fabricator/welder with hand burning gear or the straightline cutter on miniwheels and a rail. Old blokes eh?:angel3:

Good work!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for that dosser, I have used oxy acetylene vutting gear, scares me to death, plasma cutters are much nicer.
That shows how dated I am calling it laser when it's plasma:rolleyes:. What I dont get is how this guy as a craftsman could afford a plasma machine which I suppose are really expensive. Maybe his stuff was too.

But I loved the neat cut.

Quite different from the cutting torches and gas gouging gear I've used to wash away heavy welds and to chamfer heavy plate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts