Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been lurking around here for a while after a friend pointed me in this direction after suggesting an @ for my first big bike and now I'm hoping someone might proffer some advice!

I passed my direct access course a year or so ago after commuting for a year on a CG125 ... after a number of moves and a bit of travelling I'm dying to get back onto a bike (not ridden for almost a year!) and I'd like buy something in the UK and take it to Spain for the summer (head over to the Pyrinees and maybe down south).

But what to buy? I want to do a bit of touring along dodgy Spanish roads and I'm sure an @ would be perfect, but I think a decent one is out of my price range at the moment, especially as I don't want to hang around - I want to buy something before summer kicks in properly!

So ... thoughts on suitability of these two which popped up on the forum recently:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bikes-sale-wanted/46432-lola-my-trusty-tranny-xl600v.html

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bikes-sale-wanted/46408-triumph-tiger-1993-k-reg.html

Would a Transalp do the job? Is the Tiger better? I know I need to go and have a look and test ride, but I'm currently in Spain and I need something relatively certain to head back to the UK for.

Comments, suggestions, general advice very much welcome.

Cheers!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
The Transalp would suit you perfectly.
If you have not ridden for a while the Transalp is a forgiving bike and it is well up to the task of taking you around Europe. The insurance should also be cheaper than the Triumph.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
The Transalp would suit you perfectly.
If you have not ridden for a while the Transalp is a forgiving bike and it is well up to the task of taking you around Europe. The insurance should also be cheaper than the Triumph.
What Stumpy said, the triumph is a little sharp around the edges (less forgiving) and parts are just a little bit harder to get hold of abroad.
Tranny :thumbup: nice bike that will go on forever;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts