Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
I've had my suit for over a year now and am well pleased with it. The advantage of it over conventional gear is that it can be worn over whatever you're wearing. If you want to go for a run no need to change just put your boots on and step into the suit.

It's made out of goretex lined heavy weight cordura and comes complete with shoulder, elbow and knee armour. To this I've added the optional hip armour and back protector. There are more pockets then you can possibly need ( seven ). There are also five vents for hot weather. I wore the suit in Corsica last year when the temperature was 28/30 degrees most days. With just shorts and T shirt underneath and all the vents and zips undone it was cool enough as long as you kept moving. When stopping for food it was literally a minutes work to get out of the suit to cool off. You can virtually have any colour you want. mine's black with red patches but you'll have to log onto the Aerostich site for the complete range.

There are a couple of drawbacks.

The suit only has a thin liner so in the winter you have to keep this in mind.

Although waterproof unless you're careful when you sit down it bunches up in the crotch area allowing the the rainwater to pool. Zips aren't renowned for being waterproof and after about ten minutes you will be the proud owner of the wettest groin you've had since you came out of nappies!! The trick is to smooth the front of the suit down before you sit.

As I said I'm well pleased with mine and with the pound/dollar exchange rate they're reasonably priced. Be aware that taxes when importing one can put the price up. I had mine delivered to an American address and brought over.

This is what Aerostich says on the website

Roadcrafter One Piece Suit #120

Detailed Images

This is the original, classic design for everyday, any-distance commuting and touring. The one piece Roadcrafter has been worn on every continent, in every type of weather to nearly every place you can get to on a motorcycle.

Loose enough to slip on easily over your street clothes, it’s tailored to minimize wind flutter and drag at higher speeds yet it’s light and compact enough to pack away or carry to the office. Years of experience have proven the suit’s abrasion protection and all-weather capability. The one piece Roadcrafter is literally covered with innovations for riders: high-visibility Scotchlite™ reflective; nine strategically placed, external pockets; provisions for removable arm and thigh map window pockets, hip pads and back pad; underarm and back vents; side zippers for access to your street pants; comfortable, ultrasuede collar lining; and a variety of adjustable tabs and zippers that allow you to fine-tune the fit.

G

·
Thanks for that, interesting to read. We plan to call in to Aerostich later this year. I fancy the two piece Roadcrafter, on a tour I quite often use my riding jacket when not on the bike; it usually has all the money and important papers in.
I have emailed them with sizes and they have sent me some recommendations, how did you find the sizing?
They look good value at the moment.

I would consider a Darien jacket but they don't zip to the trousers.

What colour combo did you go for out of interest?

Steve

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, interesting to read. We plan to call in to Aerostich later this year. I fancy the two piece Roadcrafter, on a tour I quite often use my riding jacket when not on the bike; it usually has all the money and important papers in.
I have emailed them with sizes and they have sent me some recommendations, how did you find the sizing?
They look good value at the moment.

I would consider a Darien jacket but they don't zip to the trousers.

What colour combo did you go for out of interest?

Steve
the two piece roadcrafter doesn't cause a problem with the leaking crotch, so I've heard. I filled in my measurements on the site and they sent me their recommendations for sizing which to be fair was good.

I went for the black suit with red patches

1 - 3 of 3 Posts