Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just in from the Afghan Hereo's web site

Wotton Bassett - Mothers Day Ride (The ride of Respect) 2011
We have been inundated with emails and calls, asking when registration will open, hopefully this will clarify, albeit an exact date is still unknown. Here we go again its edging nearer to registration for the Mothers Day Ride, which will be re-branded the "Ride of Respect". Registration as we have said will open this month, probably towards the end, however we can now confirm that the donation price will be £10 per bike, to include where appropriate a pillion passenger. We know that the police will try and call registration, so keep an eye on our site from Monday 25th October onwards, let's make it as big as we possibly can.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
This may also be the last Wooton Basset ride, hope not but there was alot of talk about it on the RTTW

lets have an xrv turnout, I put the Ride To The Wall in the calendar and I think it was overlooked

Mods would it be possible to sticky this please

To make a list of who's planning on attending
GOG 007
Me
Farky
DocLaw
Paul C
UKTiffy
Thewragster
Craigrevo
Biggles 1956
DatsunFan
BarkinMadScot
James961

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I'll be up for this. Just need to keep an eye on the open date.
Can't use the calendar on tapatalk but will get to the normal website at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
I got this email too and will certainly be there.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
For those that can't make the Wooton Bassett ride there is another option, also from the afghan heroes website .....

April 4th 2011
Ride With Pride Charity Motorbike Run will start from Swindon and cover 1500 miles over 6 days..
The Two charities have been chosen by Myself WolfHunter and Rob (Hells Hampster)
The route planned will be as follows

DAY1
Swindon- Brighton-Southampton
DAY2
Southampton- Lands End
Day3
Lands End- Bude
Bude-Weston via Minehead
Weston- Cardiff
Day 4
Cardiff-Fishguard (Traveling through the heart of Wales)
Fishguard-Colwyn Bay
Day 5
Colwyn Bay-Grimsby
Grimsby-Skegness
Skegness-Boston
Day 6
Boston-Northampton
Northampton-Oxford
Oxford-Swindon

We would like all bikes to join us on this ride, even if it is for just half a day or a full day
We will not be riding Motorways so even riders of 125cc can join in.

We are currently seeking sponsorship and are in the proccess of producing sponsor form aswell.

This ride is going to be a good one and if would like to take part please mail me

[email protected]

see website at Ride With Pride

or facebook page Ride With Pride | Facebook

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Nice call Mick, sounds interesting, maybe a few from further away can show for a bit of the ride

For the last Ride To The Wall 15000 bikers had registered and for the last Wooton Basset Ride 15000 were in attendance. it would be nice to see those figures going up

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm up for it again. Was interesting last year but would have been better if I'd managed to meet up with some of the other XRV'ers who where there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Count me in but where do register????????
This just in from the Afghan Hereo's web site

Wotton Bassett - Mothers Day Ride (The ride of Respect) 2011
We have been inundated with emails and calls, asking when registration will open, hopefully this will clarify, albeit an exact date is still unknown. Here we go again its edging nearer to registration for the Mothers Day Ride, which will be re-branded the "Ride of Respect". Registration as we have said will open this month, probably towards the end, however we can now confirm that the donation price will be £10 per bike, to include where appropriate a pillion passenger. We know that the police will try and call registration, so keep an eye on our site from Monday 25th October onwards, let's make it as big as we possibly can.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I'd be up for that too.

Went to site to see the following notice....

We have just been informed by Julia Stevenson and the organisers that we are unable to open the registrations. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause but it is due to (very) last minute problems beyond our control.

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a technical issue as the registrations were all ready to go live - it was postponed at the direct request of the organisers.

Is this a further delay to the others already mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
looking through some of discussions people are going.
Just hope they sort out the problem with registration
I'm still going
found this

Julia stevenson DUE TO THE CONFUSION AND RUMOUR THE POSTPONEMENT OF REGISTRATION HAS CAUSED I FELT IT BEST TO EXPLAIN BRIEFLY THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS.THE DEMAND TO ATTEND THE RIDE OF RESPECT 2011 HAS BEEN SO OVERWHELMING THAT THE COMMITTEE HAS HAD TO RE VISIT SOME OF ITS ORIGINAL PLANS IN ORDER THAT WE MAY D...ELIVER TO YOU A TRULY MEMORABLE EVENT.... I AM SURE YOU WILL ALL UNDERSTAND THE SCALE OF THE TASK WE FACE IN PUTTING ON A RIDE OF THIS MAGNITUDE. THE ORGANISATION OF THE RIDE TAKES UP A GREAT DEAL OF MY TIME SO SADLY I AM AND WILL BE UNABLE TO ANSWER THE MANY CALLS AND EMAILS I RECEIVE FROM YOU. I WOULD ASK YOU TO BEAR WITH US A LITTLE LONGER AND I WILL INFORM YOU WHEN REGISTRATION WILL OPEN AS SOON AS I AM ABLE. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND PATIENCE AND LET THE THUNDER ROLL.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Latest update:

Nick Gale Customs : POSSIBLY THE TIME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. LAST WEEK JULIA STEVENSON INVITED ME TO JOIN THE COMITTEE TO ASSIST HER AND ALSO TAKE THE ROLE OF MEDIA SPOKESMAN FOR RIDE OF RESPECT. MY FIRST TASK SEEMS TO BE HELPING TO CLEAR UP THE CONFUSION RE NUMBERS AND REGISTRATION AND TO HELP CREATE A WEBSITE THAT WILL BE THE OFFICIAL INF......ORMATION SITE DESIGNED TO KEEEP YOU INFORMED. THIS SHOULD ALSO TAKE THE PRESSURE AWAY FROM THE AFGHAN HEROES SITE. THIS SHOULD STOP ANY FURTHER CONFUSION.
JULIA AND I WILL BE ON BIKER FM ON MONDAY NIGHT TO EXPLAIN THE CURRENT SITUATION ONCE AND FOR ALL AND TO LAUNCH THE WEBSITE. THE WEBSITE DETAILS WILL BE POSTED HERE MONDAY NIGHT FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T TUNE IN. PLEASE RE POST THIS SO ONCE AND FOR ALL FACT CAN RULE OVER CONFUSION AND RUMOUR.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
At one time the community were encouraged to show support and respect for people who serve their country.

Community servants like the highways, police etc considered themselves morally bound to make celebrations like this a sucesss.

The rules that are quoted as causing these problems are made by these public servants for their own ends, not the communities.

Regulations are made by parliament and these do not put barriers up, its only thevway these public servants interpret them.

I would be facinated to see the u turn if it beacme clear that William or Harry were leading the parade. We woulfd see so much fawning and swooning from these community servants that the organisers would just have to sit back and it would happen!
Thats my thoughts anyway.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts