Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there to all of you

I feel a bit sheepish because a) I don't own or ride a bike and b) you all obviously do.

How about doing a sponsored ride for Africa Day on Bank holiday Monday, May 26, 2008?

I also have this crazy idea of learning to ride an XRV and then for my first ride visiting all the Oxfam sites in North Africa. I have a bit of media interest in this idea i.e. will this bloke die or will he raise a load of money for charity.

Your thoughts on either idea would really be appreciated. I am a professional photographer (www.lightfish.co.uk) and would be snapping away as well as riding. My mate rides a Moto Guzzi le Mans which sparked my interest in bikes.

Cheers

H

Africa Day is the annual commemoration on May 25 of the 1963 founding of the Organisation of African Unity (OAU), which was in July 2002 succeeded by the present African Union, while amalgamating with the African Economic Community (AEC), but kept the date and name of Africa Day.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Nice idea H,but two weeks is far too short notice to set up and gain sponsorship.you're heart's in the right place but these things need a little more thinking through. Anyhow,z welcome to the site .:)
Hi there to all of you

I feel a bit sheepish because a) I don't own or ride a bike and b) you all obviously do.

How about doing a sponsored ride for Africa Day on Bank holiday Monday, May 26, 2008?

I also have this crazy idea of learning to ride an XRV and then for my first ride visiting all the Oxfam sites in North Africa. I have a bit of media interest in this idea i.e. will this bloke die or will he raise a load of money for charity.

Your thoughts on either idea would really be appreciated. I am a professional photographer (www.lightfish.co.uk) and would be snapping away as well as riding. My mate rides a Moto Guzzi le Mans which sparked my interest in bikes.

Cheers

H

Africa Day is the annual commemoration on May 25 of the 1963 founding of the Organisation of African Unity (OAU), which was in July 2002 succeeded by the present African Union, while amalgamating with the African Economic Community (AEC), but kept the date and name of Africa Day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts