Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ha, feeling the same way about self isolation. So long as there is plenty of tea the AT my rebuild should come along in leaps and bounds

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Had a couple of hours at it today, finding the odd mistake that i need to correct such as putting the damper in the wrong way so the reservoir was at the rear rather than the front as it should be. Got a bunch of stuff back from the spray shop so have everything i need now except the body work, some parts probably should be white rather than black but ill live with that
. Pleased i bought new bolts as they really finish it off.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
468 Posts
Enjoying this thread :) Keep the progress reports coming.
I guess you had the splined final drive shaft renewed.... where did you get the replacement from - I ask as I believe they're no longer available from Honda?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes I did but not sure of the source, I used a guy called Martin form Martins Motorcycles based in Reading. He came highly recommended and uses parts he trusts (where he couldn't get Honda originals) give hime a call 07786564507.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Enjoying this thread :) Keep the progress reports coming.
I guess you had the splined final drive shaft renewed.... where did you get the replacement from - I ask as I believe they're no longer available from Honda?
Rugged Roads have countershafts in stock, I also got one from MSP Europe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well working at home certainly allows me to make some progress and keep sane at the same time!! 20 minutes here and there makes a huge difference. Struggling to work out where the 'alternator' (can't remember the correct name of that box) sits

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So i think ill be ready to fire her up by the weekend, just missing the cable that connects the neutral sensor and the oil pressure sensor (i think) to the wiring loom. Cant find one but will search eBay later.
IMG_1615.JPG
IMG_1615.JPG

·
Registered
238 Posts
(y) Coming along nicely.

Unless you've got other plans for those headers (or getting a new after market system), can I suggest ceramic coating. Looks a treat for many many years (7 years so far on my AT). The polished look gives way to a satin finish after a year or so but, if you're keen, can easily be returned to the polished look.

Taken in Jan 2013

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
(y) Coming along nicely.

Unless you've got other plans for those headers (or getting a new after market system), can I suggest ceramic coating. Looks a treat for many many years (7 years so far on my AT). The polished look gives way to a satin finish after a year or so but, if you're keen, can easily be returned to the polished look.

Taken in Jan 2013
Looks great, thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
10 Posts
(y) Coming along nicely.

Taken in Jan 2013
Looks great. A local chap here in NZ suggested he could do this for my rebuild - I just finished stripping everything when the lockdown began. I'm inspired now, it looks fantastic, will definitely take him up up on the offer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I got the tank and bodywork back today which looks amazing, fired her up for the first time and she just about started but then stopped. There was fuel pouring out the carb overflows, a call to my engine guy suggested that the floats in the carb were siezed so i took the carbs to pieces and sure enough they were rock solid. I have now done a thorough strip down and re-assemble. I will try again tomorrow. The only other bits left are that the headlights don't work, think its a relay, I'm awaiting delivery of the oil pressure/ neutral switch cable and can't work out where the sensors on the fuel tank connect to.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Following this thread with keen interest! Was wondering if you knew where the front headlight guard was sourced from? TIA

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So I still have carburettor issue so have ordered a service kit for it in the hope that this will solve my issues. Im a few jobs away from fitting the bodywork however couldn't resist putting it loosely on to keep my motivation going.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can I ask what White paint code you used?
I've a Florida Blue import, and want to go White, Red, Blue while it's apart..
Far more appealing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I used the colour codes as stated on this forum on another thread, really useful. I don’t have the tech skill to put the link in this thread im afraid

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

21 - 40 of 53 Posts