Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay, thanks. I saw that thread, but wondered if there was a particular brand match that everyone used/knew about.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ive found a seat in Greece!! through a network of phone calls i received a message last night from a Greek gentleman who has a seat so i bought it and that will/ should be the last piece. Sticker kit was good quality but didn't have the large red stickers so i assume these areas where painted red originally. Thankfully my sticker friend can wrap those areas with red vinyl so i will look as original as can be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive found a seat in Greece!! through a network of phone calls i received a message last night from a Greek gentleman who has a seat so i bought it and that will/ should be the last piece. Sticker kit was good quality but didn't have the large red stickers so i assume these areas where painted red originally. Thankfully my sticker friend can wrap those areas with red vinyl so i will look as original as can be. View attachment 164640
Was it Kostas Batalas? He's pretty active on the various groups and seems to have pretty much everything :)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
A little colour makes such a big difference to the look of the bike you must be feeling pretty chuffed with yourself (y)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I would give it 8 out of 10 for a full refurbishment so I'm pleased with that. As with anything it evolved as i went and ended up spending a lot more than i originally planned but well worth it as i intend to use it regularly. Just got seat to fit and brakes to bleed/ fix up and fix headlights as currently only side lights are working.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Since my last post its been mot'd and I've done around a 100miles to test it, its lovely to ride and feels great. Ive got a minor oil leak coming from where the oil cooler pipes go into the engine so ordered some o rings to sort that out. Once I've sorted the nigles ill be using it weekly. The stickers are coming along, one more visit from the sticker man wshould do it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
... The teeth are worn on the shaft so has to be done., appears to have been caused by an aftermarket sprocket that has had to much chatter. I will be using genuine parts which cost an arm and a leg but from my experience its a false economy to use pattern parts.
... was it the Italian aftermarket sprocket or the one called "Stefner" (the French guy)? ... 🙃
I perfectly agree with you on the genuine parts. They have a superior quality.
BTW, was the bike an Italian import? The stickers on your hand mud guards are about an company belonging to the Eni oil company
Wonderful work. These bikes still look grand after 30 years...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I don't know the full story of its history and to be honest its not completely straight in hindsight!! i may look to get it re-registered as a 'kit car' but then again its insured and mot'd so does it matter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Last post i reckon, fixed the oil leak which was a simple case of changing the seals to the oil cooler pipes (should have done during re-build) and finished the decals. Its been a challenge, a pleasure and i would definitely do another one. Just need a big trip now, thats the really hard bit to find time for!!!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts