Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently had two women I know, both married get really excited that I have an AT.
'Oh!! an Africa twin' and a weird lustful look in their eyes. My wife likes the bike and agreed with the other womens.
Should we keep this a secret benefit of AT ownership.
I have never had a member of the opposite sex react to a bike quite like that.
I felt like some cool old rocker on his beezer at the cafe.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I have recently had two women I know, both married get really excited that I have an AT.
'Oh!! an Africa twin' and a weird lustful look in their eyes. My wife likes the bike and agreed with the other womens.
Should we keep this a secret benefit of AT ownership.
I have never had a member of the opposite sex react to a bike quite like that.
I felt like some cool old rocker on his beezer at the cafe.

Please send them round my house!!!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Yup - women take their clothes off when they see BobA's Africa Twins...........his avatar is actual footage.............:-D:-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I know a woman that can't tell the difference between a black AT & a black Dominator ! :(

So as long as we stay with black................... life will go on, and new bikes can keep on comin' along ! :)

(she doesn't much like my transit either ?....... so no need to be looking inside it I say :thumbup:)

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
I know a woman that can't tell the difference between a black AT & a black Dominator ! :(

So as long as we stay with GREEN ................... life will go on, and new bikes can keep on comin' along ! :)

Fixed in anticipation :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Been there, done it, got the t shirt, dvd & video !

Green is good, but different but prefer Red white & Blue

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
The only way is black (matt or satin at that) :thumbleft:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Funny you should say that ..... I have had various bikes , women have never said anything about them , last bike was a blue and white GSXR 1000 ...never got a second glance ..BUT when a friend of my mrs found out id bought the @ she hasn't stopped going on about them ,,, shes got a dominator but loves @ although her little legs just aren't long enough to have an @ :p:p Are @'s secret fanny magnets that I never realised about before ??

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a pumped out chromed out VTX1800 one of a kind and no body cares about it , but when I'm waiting at the traffic light on my beat up African I get all kinds of questions left and right .
Sir what do you do if you have a flat tire asks georgeous Latina while playing with her hair . Is it one of those European bikes asks her girlfriend . Must be the twin headlights LOL :)
The magnet indeed ...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So say to the Laydeez I have a VTX 1800, they will probably think you have disease.
Maybe the two headlights remind them of the speccytwat in the school library.
it is indeed weird. the AT is not horny, fast or aggressive ok it is a handsome bike. Maybe that's it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
VTX gets compliments at the gas stations , but is a conversation killer . Older fellow comes up to me : "nice Indian , my neighbor had one exactly like that". It's a Honda VTX1800 Sir. Fellow goes "uhhh" . Conversation over... oh well
Africa twin on the other side : "What is this thing ??? I never seen one like that !!! Can you go off road with it ???"
Me cool... :glasses7:

So say to the Laydeez I have a VTX 1800, they will probably think you have disease.
Maybe the two headlights remind them of the speccytwat in the school library.
it is indeed weird. the AT is not horny, fast or aggressive ok it is a handsome bike. Maybe that's it?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Can't say I'm fighting the girls off when I'm out on the bike, but it does get a fair amount of attention when I pull up at the H cafe or bike shops. Old bikes in general get a fair amount of attention anyway, the new ones all look the same. I also love the double headlights!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My missus much prefers the look of my ex AT to the RT I bought to replace it...The RT does have the face of a cow though;)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RT, RT?
Just google image searched RT.
Terrifying. Then guessed BMW RT? not terrifying, but still has not got the looks.
The AT is a damn handsome bike. Ditto RC30, early Fireblade must be twin round headlamps.
A classic look.
Edit, twin round headlamps on Hondas.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
I have to say, I have always found the AT to be a very sexy bike, especially the RWB RD04s. There is something iconic and exciting about them. I've always wanted to own one but my legs are way too short. However, it's the bikes that I lust after...:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts