Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting asked what the different TYPE colour codes mean on the parts manuals, so I've put together this list.

I think it's pretty accurate, but if anyone can expand or correct if they see any glaring errors/omissions please post in this thread. :thumb:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
1988 / 1989 XRV650J/K - NH138H Shasta White

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1990 XRV750L RD04 - TYPE 1 - NH138H Shasta White

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1990 XRV750L RD04 - TYPE 2 - NH138G Shasta White

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
yea but what colour is the bronze on the RD03 exhaust guards :rolleyes:

sleepless night there Johnathon?

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea but what colour is the bronze on the RD03 exhaust guards :rolleyes:
I have never come across the colour code for the RD03/04 Engine or Exhaust Guard - I'm hoping Jason (kitped) might know ;)

sleepless night there Johnathon?
Sleep? - what is this sleep you speak of? :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Jonathan...you're a star

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one has got me confused - not difficult I know :lol: - but can anyone let me know what year and colour TYPE this is?

I know it's a NH138? Shasta White - but don't know the year or Type

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think that it's Paul S that's the chan op here these days? Maybe moving this thread to 'Technical Specs' would work - I know that it's not 'technical' as in 'mechanical' as such, but it's still very relevant!

Edit: Jonathan - I'm not 100% but I seem to recall that the 04 with the green highlighted livery was the Italian one? If I happen upon any relevant mentions on the pic that you posted , I'll post them here :)

Amazing how the RWB went through so many variations back in the day! Ling's seem to show about 20 of each, same bike, just regional livery variations ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Really useful info thanks spent ages trying to find the engine colour, supplied through RS in the end. Has anyone found an acurate match for the RD07a caliper, and handle bar golds? they are on my list as part of a current rebuild. Cheers Jon

·
Registered
216 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this is an OEM colour scheme or is it is a custom job after the TT 43l install?

If OEM, what year did they make this one?

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I would say that's an original colour scheme from 1993 (apart from the TT tank obviously) :thumbup: - 1993 XRV750P - Colour Code NH1 - Type 2

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
They did look ok bobo, but the they look better bronze :)

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1992 XRV750N Type 3 - Space Blue - PB136I

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everybody,
Would you be able to help me out with the colour code for the below version of RD04?

I had my AT shipped from Romania to London, and the shipping company broke my right side fairing. I'm trying to settle with them and they are giving me all kinds of crap. Did a price enquiry at motoden here in london and I got stuck at colour code. My VIN isn't recognised by the UK program.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
All the best
Vlad

XRV_750_L_M_N_Africa_Twin_RD04_90-92_1.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts