Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
sorry Im new on here and new owner of AT 2019 DCT with lithium battery.
I am getting real mixed message s from Honda dealers and adventure shops,
but basically is it possible to jump start the bike by using a Noco pocket jump pack namely
NOCO Boost Sport 400A UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
Dealer says yes , others say no. one dealer said will instantly blow internal fuse on lithium battery.
Any Thoughts out there?
cheers Carroll

·
Registered
11 Posts
From the handbook.

Do not jump start, as this may damage your vehicle's electrical system and battery.

I'm collecting my 2020 model soon so will be interested in how the battery performs compared to my four year old 16 model.

·
Registered
115 Posts
interesting, never thought of this one, can't stick these in 2nd gear and run em down a hill.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Everything i read about Li batteries on bikes has really inconvenient disadvantages. So I've decided if i ever have a bike with a lithium battery on it i shall be replacing it with a conventional battery at the first sign of trouble and saving myself some cash.
As for blowing the internal fuse that only happens if the battery is discharged to a point where it draws a large amount of current from whatever your connecting to it. If its just about turning the engine over but not enough to start it then jump starting should be ok but if all the dash lights go out when you press the button i would put the battery on charge rather than jump starting it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts