Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Africa Twins in Edinburgh

Anyone here riding east from the mini roundabout at Hermitage Drive in Edinburgh this morning, back of 09.30? Big ol' RWB like mine but with shiny steel engine bars.

I was in the car, in...cognito, because I've hurt my knee with too much cycling. :mad:

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I spotted our mystery @ rider again this evening. He (well, one presumes) overtook me as I was cycling home, and I recognised the exhaust note before I saw the bike. Y reg machine, for the record.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Not me but could of been Bri (Stageonesimmo) as he lives in Glasgow but might be working that way.

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Africa Twins in Edinburgh

Here's one I certainly didn't recognise. Heading out of town along Gorgie Road yesterday early evening, was an AT, still sporting its characteristic sump guard, but with a very smart narrow Dakar-style nose fairing in blue with the little twin headlights ablaze.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
I don't know either of them, but you might see me around sometime - black ratty-looking Y-reg AT with a high front mudguard, just the centre section of the sump guard and brush guards. I've seen an RGB around in the Queensferry Road area occasionally - could be you?

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
The post back in May (which I didn't see at the time) could have been me...

There's obviously a few ATs around here, though I hardly ever see another one. Do see quite a lot of TAs though.

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Africa Twins in Edinburgh

Bit of thread archaeology going on here, but two more ATs spotted in Edinburgh in as many weeks.

Last week, Tuesdayish I think it was, going up Craiglockhart Avenue was a RWB. I thought it might be rgarrioch but the bike wasn't nearly clean enough. ;) Then today I saw a green/blue RD04 purring up the main road out of Morningside, heading out of town. I memorised the reg, and then promptly forgot it.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
I wish either of them had been me - mine's been off the road for two years now, and even if I find some ned's had it away from my 'secure' garage I'd have to aplaud their ability to fix it so quickly. Nice to hear there are more ATs about though. It must be 'spring'

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I've seen a RWB one up at the fairmilehead junction of the bypass. I also thought it might have been Rob but it did look a bit grubby.

Sunnybrook
How is your rebuild going?

Stig
You should be ashamed of yourself. Get that bike back on the road :thumbleft:

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It isn't 'going' at the moment, in the sense that I don't have time to really get my teeth into the big strip-down for sorting the frame; it's becoming a bit of a joke really. But the bike is up and running under its own steam again, and the replacement exhaust sounds pretty gnarly. I might have time in the summer to get back into it!

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
How're doing?!? I am ashamed of myself, and more so because I'm now even more thinking of stripping and selling parts on fleaBay - I'm more likely to find a weekend for that than get the monster on the road and do what I want to do on it. Never enough time....

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Big RWB this morning heading into town on the Lanark Road beside Slateford aqueduct. The headlights were too bright for me to see if the engine bars were recognisable.

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Icenian, were you riding past Slateford aqueduct this morning? RWB and the rider was wearing a black helmet.

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Africa Twins in Edinburgh

Had a nice big reciprocal wave with someone riding a green RD04 this evening, at the junction of Niddrie Mains Road and Duddingston Park South. Anyone here? I had a feeling that it was the same bike that I used to see parked on Torphichen Street.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts