Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is my first post so please bear with me.
I have a 1999 Africa Twin for sale.
It's Black.
Full service history from new.
29,000 miles, I have various receipts and Mot's going back some years.
I have not had the bike long, 4 months maybe, I bought it from Touratech, in a moment of madness after picking up my BMW.
It was madness, because I live in a motorhome, towing one bike in a trailer is silly enough, trying to squeeze two in is daft.
The Twin has to be pushed in backwards, to fit, so you can understand my problem's.
It's got Lowered Touratech Seat,
Heated grip's,
!2 volt auxillary socket
MIG exhaust
Centre stand
Personalised number plate for somebody, T56 KAD.
Iv'e not been able to find any damage cosmetically, dent's scratches etc, but maybe you expert's could.
I'll be the first to admit, I know very little about the bike, I was to use it as a winter hack.
I do know it's a beast of a bike and you guy's love them.
At the moment it is at my girlfriend's near Croydon.
But will move to Norfolk, in the next few week's.
For those of you that rode it at Touratech, and didn't buy. The problem was a knackered front sprocket, so it's now several hundred pound's cheaper.
I am looking for £2500.
I will try to add photo's but I am not computer savvy.
I had better mention that I have somewhat limited internet access due to my lifestyle, I also work on the gas rig's.
Email [email protected]
Phone number when I am on land is 07868282402
If it sell's it sell's.
If not has anyone got a set of pannier rack's that would fit with that exhaust.
Now how do I post picture's?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bike is still for sale, Winfield, and still in Croydon. I work on the oil rigs, and go offshore on the first of Septmber for eight days. A guy looking at it at Boxhill pointed out a small dent on the tank, right in front of where your crutch would be, when sitting on it. Not visible in the photos. If my phone goes to answer phone I am probably at work.07868282402Due to my lifestyle when I am onshore I don,t get online too often

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the bike is still for sale.
I'm due to go off shore again for work, any day now.
Stuck in airport hotel, with no internet access, so using a local library.
I am contactable most evenings on the phone.
Give me a ring if you are interested

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Thanks for this, but actually I bought one a month ago, which I am very happy with. Good luck with the sale! Gilbert

Yes the bike is still for sale.
I'm due to go off shore again for work, any day now.
Stuck in airport hotel, with no internet access, so using a local library.
I am contactable most evenings on the phone.
Give me a ring if you are interested

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fluke 22 sorry mate, I would take a smaller off road bike in part exchange. If you have cash when you Sell yours, it may still be here, so get back to me. Thanks for the interest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Someone on here used to own it. I don't know who!!
Well it's still for sale, but an update for those of you interested.
MOT,ed it Saturday, road taxed it today for tomorrow, 6 months tax, new battery as winter's coming, and I had it serviced.
I asked them to check the drive shaft, and he reported no problems there.
He did say he'd advise to have all new chain and sprockets fitted shortly, recommending I'd go for a Honda set rather than the cheap option.
In all I spent well over £500 this week on it.
I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A PANNIER RACK, IF ANYONE HAS ONE.
Still looking for £2500, and was offered £2250 on a trade in on £5000 bike so I know it's got to be worth the money.
As I go offshore shortly, contact will be via my email or this forum, no phone my end, not in the North Sea, but I can ring,
you if you want to chat.
The bike is still in Croydon
Now for the bad news, I go offshore tomorrow for nearly three weeks, my girlfriend doesn't want anyone looking at it while I am away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts