Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ackef:toothy
Don't be like that !!:D

I've jacked the back of mine up so can't wait to raise the front by the same amount;)
What did you use to jack the beast up :D the slugs are very well made cheers (shrimps dig tall bikes)...lol:blob3::blob3::blob3::bom:

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
What did you use to jack the beast up :D the slugs are very well made cheers (shrimps dig tall bikes)...lol:blob3::blob3::blob3::bom:
I made adjustable dog bones using rose joints so they can be wound in or out to give higher or lower back end:thumbright:

I'll try and get a picture of them...

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Glad you have recived them OK guys, sorry I had not responded earlier been out of the country:(

·
Registered
341 Posts
I received mine also, very very well made! Has anyone mounted these yet?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I received mine also, very very well made! Has anyone mounted these yet?
I would have done but you have my set:( I'm sure someone will post a picture shortly, don't forget to use the rubber O ring from the original caps when you take them off:thumbright:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I mounted mine tonight. I had to remove the brake line brackets above the calipers to use the full brake line length when the forks are maximally extended.

Anyway, even with my 20 year old saggy springs this mod made a quite noticeable difference.

kitped: Sorry!

Pics follows.

I jacked up the bike using my new bike lift. This was £113 well spent.

Loosen the clamp bolts first, then the top cap will come off easily. Remember to reuse the O-ring:

On with the extenders:

Start dropping the fork legs:

Here I hit the snag with the brake line length. So I rightfully bodged it:

Dropped all the way:

Nice and flush:

All done, I had to stiffen up the rear a bit too:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
With Melvin hoses I have about 1cm sticking out the top of the yokes still.

·
Registered
341 Posts
@Whealie: That sucks :/

Here's another pic after I added 32mm polyethylene inserts in the fork to stiffen up the old springs a bit: (notice that I also added a polyethylene block to the sidestand to compensate for the added height)

She rides quite majestically now -- this is a supergreat mod for this bike, especially for tall riders :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just want to chime in and let you know that this is a fantastic mod and it continues to work perfectly on my AT (4000km on them so far). Compliment with some 30-40mm inserts in the fork (or new springs) and you have a new bike altogether :) The bike now has an awesome traffic presence -- the guys in Toyota Landcruisers are shocked to see me almost looking down on them :D And the increased standoff height contributes to stability off road (and a monstrous force if you drop the bike..). Now I want some lowered pegs though! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks andeav for that post. I'm not too good in english, what is inserts? Spacers?

I am also interested in lower footpegs! Tell me if you find decent priced ones.

Hope that more people find this thread!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Mmm, first time I've seen this thread. If you fit these slugs, do you need to replace all brake lines, speedo cable etc? I could do with upgrading my suspenders and jack it up a bit, its a bit low for me really. Will have to get the reg/rec done first and see what the money situation is like.

41 - 60 of 210 Posts