Honda XRV Forum banner

101 - 120 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Hello again.
I did some research on the internet and i found many guys saying that those things are dangerous, especially if you go on hard roads.
But i see many guys to use them.t
So i am a little comfused about if it is safe to use or not....

Are we 5 yet ????
I've been selling these for over 3 years and not had any complaints or issues. Lots of people on the internet say motorcycling is dangerous!! I'm not saying these are indestructible, if you had a crash and these were damaged I think an impact that hard the slugs would be the least of your worries!!

These are basically the Africa Queen type which are fully TUV tested and approved, only difference is I have them made locally in the UK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
how's it going kitped could you put me down for a pair, ohlins has her arse up and I need to redress the balance!
Also I noticed some one say about lower footpegs,does such a kit exist, im tall so be great to straighten the knee a bit
When do you need payment and what way?how much would be postage to the republic of Ireland?
Sound thanks

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
how's it going kitped could you put me down for a pair, ohlins has her arse up and I need to redress the balance!
Also I noticed some one say about lower footpegs,does such a kit exist, im tall so be great to straighten the knee a bit
When do you need payment and what way?how much would be postage to the republic of Ireland?
Sound thanks
I'm good thanks John, if you and Kazavan are serious I will stump up for the other 3 sets so we can get a new batch made.

As for lowered pegs they do exist, there was someone on here last week that got a set, I will try and find who it was.

·
Registered
26 Posts
alright chaps,

The jack up kit looks awesome now its installed! thanks jason. the bike is singing sweetly now as well.

Im 6ft7ish and ordered some 45mm lower pegs off this guy The Ténéré Forum • View topic - WIDE STAINLESS STEEL FOOTPEGS YAMAHA, HONDA, SUZUKI, KTM

I can give you his email. They were 60 euros and now fitted, they are great although you need thick boots to easily get to the gear leaver now. I will post some photos up on here later if people want to see the pegs

·
Registered
46 Posts
That s cool thanks for that, found his page last night good to hear your happy with them although id have thought the gear lever would rotate down enough on the splines? I wear sidi canyon boots so wouldn't be the chunkiest

·
Registered
26 Posts

Yeah I'm really happy with them. Even in my sidi black rains the distance to the levers isn't a problem when sitting. I have them adjusted as best i can. But in the tech 8s they are perfect. Thought the price was good and he was really easy to communicate with. Ive got much more room in the legs now. I do also have 5cm bar risers and kitpeds jackup kit which also make things more comfortable

Here are the pegs fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah it's a bit high, might be an issue standing up but seated it's not a big deal after the first mile you get used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Hello again.
I did some research on the internet and i found many guys saying that those things are dangerous, especially if you go on hard roads.
But i see many guys to use them.
So i am a little comfused about if it is safe to use or not....

Are we 5 yet ????
Ignore the un-policed internet scaremongering

You will not be disappointed with them

I've had these in for a while now and do ride the bike hard both on and off road with no issues at all. Review below

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/product-reviews/107897-ricor-intiminators-slugs-mitas-tyres-e10s-e09-dakar.html

101 - 120 of 210 Posts