Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had 5 new sets of risers machined for the Africa Twins, three are already sold and I have two spare sets. Anyone interested?

image.jpg

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive my ignorance but where are those fitted and what do they do?
The round slugs with valves are fork extensions with pressure release valves, when a bike is used hard off road air pressure can build up in the forks and this can lead to early fork seal failure. The additional length allows the user to slide the fork tubes further through the yokes and thus increase the fork length and raise the front of the bike by up to 60mm. The rear U bracket replaces the standard U bracket on the bottom of the rear shock. It has two settings which like the front will raise the suspension.

The front slugs just screw into the top of the standard forks once the fork cap is removed.

If I can be of further help please just ask.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much are you selling them for and how can I get this for my rd07a if I live in kenya?
These kits fit all models of Africa Twins from the original RD03 throughout to the last made RD07a. Kani, I've sent you a PM....

·
Beer monster.
227 Posts
That's a lot of lateral load on aluminium threads on the slugs. Have you had any issues, especially if subjected to impacts off road?

Is the shock u bracket just to fit the standard shock? I'm running a YSS shock so I would have to take some measurements.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a lot of lateral load on aluminium threads on the slugs. Have you had any issues, especially if subjected to impacts off road?

Is the shock u bracket just to fit the standard shock? I'm running a YSS shock so I would have to take some measurements.
No issues and have sold dozens of sets that have had serious off-road useage. The top threads aren't subject to as much load as you may think as the whole front yoke set is stabilised through the headstock then both the top and bottom clamps. One of the original sets is being used in Sweden by a stunt rider and he gives his AT some serious abuse.

The rear U brackets are designed for the standard shock unit, I can't comment on it's suitability with any aftermarket shock. As long as the bottom bracket can be removed and the main body shaft fits the bracket it should fit OK.

·
Beer monster.
227 Posts
That's a good recommendation! Guess I better go look at the shock I've got.
What sort of cost are we looking at?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may be interested. Coming through London in January for a few days. Whats the price?
wayne
Hi Wayne, I work in London so if you wanted a set we could possibly meet up! PM sent re pricing.

·
Space Emperor
613 Posts
Hey Kitped, any chance of you making more of these? Just what I'm looking for ...

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Kitped, any chance of you making more of these? Just what I'm looking for ...
Hi Thomas, I have the fronts with valves in stock, I can get a rear made in a few days. PM sent:thumb:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I may be interested. Coming through London in January for a few days. Whats the price?
wayne
Hi Wayne, are you still interested? I have these in stock at the moment.

Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Kitped.
I am prepping my AT for going from Oslo up to north cape (again), via Kystriksveien to Lofoten (the best part).
BTW; Keep out of E6. You will not see anything from this inland road.
So I might tought risers for front and end would help me to prevent a saggy AT.

Got some kits left? I looking for both.

kind regards
Robblo

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PM sent

Hi Kitped.
I am prepping my AT for going from Oslo up to north cape (again), via Kystriksveien to Lofoten (the best part).
BTW; Keep out of E6. You will not see anything from this inland road.
So I might tought risers for front and end would help me to prevent a saggy AT.

Got some kits left? I looking for both.

kind regards
Robblo

1 - 20 of 94 Posts