Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures speak louder than words :D

I spent ages cleaning them up the best I could but the metal around the pistons (on caliper itself) is all pitted really bad and deep, pretty sure that if I changed seals and pistons that I'd still have problems with it. The curved slider/mount things were jammed on, took 5 mins of hammering to get the bloody things off... one of them is bent and doesn't move too well either...

Also need new brake lines do might as well go for braided if anyone has any for sale or knows where to get them cheap? twin front and single rear...

p.s I've only just bought the bike so wasn't me that let the calipers get into that state ;) I daren't check the rear yet haha

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
i may have a spare set - I will check in the morning

·
White van man
560 Posts
Pictures speak louder than words :D

I spent ages cleaning them up the best I could but the metal around the pistons (on caliper itself) is all pitted really bad and deep, pretty sure that if I changed seals and pistons that I'd still have problems with it. The curved slider/mount things were jammed on, took 5 mins of hammering to get the bloody things off... one of them is bent and doesn't move too well either...

Also need new brake lines do might as well go for braided if anyone has any for sale or knows where to get them cheap? twin front and single rear...

p.s I've only just bought the bike so wasn't me that let the calipers get into that state ;) I daren't check the rear yet haha
Should have warned us before posting pics like that :confused:

It's a wonder that bike stopped at all.

I have a pair of good calipers and brake hoses from a low mileage late bike, pm me if interested.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the bike didn't stop all that well and then eventualy just wouldn't stop at all haha.

Thanks but I've now found a set of calipers and lines which should turn up late next week, might be interested in a set of discs though if anyone has a set. Might put it out there that I'll be interested in a rear caliper too... as I say, I daren't look at the condition of the rear one yet hahaha

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be tempted to throw them in a bucket of Diesel for a few days and see how bad they are after they've had a soak and come apart.
Half the metal around the sliders is missing, big holes all over the place, IMO they arent salvagable.. Once I've replaced them I'll post some pics up of them cleaned up so you can see how damaged they are :thumbright:

Got a set of fronts with lines and some other random parts like top yoke for £30 delivered :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts