Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after waiting 4 weeks for all the bits to arrive to have my bike repaired. J2Honda in Southampton have just told me that the new fuel tank they ordered from Honda has the mounting brackets at the wrong angle.

Honda are now checking to see if this is a one off or whether the whole batch is wrong.

So if you're thinking about buying one, wait a few days until the results are in.

If it's a bad batch it may be another 6 weeks before they have new stocks. If not, it's only 3 days.

Thankfully my tank is only dented, so if it's the 6 week option they'll repair the broken bits and put the dented tank back on until a new one arrives.

C

·
0 Posts
Six weeks wait ? Aye carumba, I think I'd go mad if they couldn't have managed to put the old one back on.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
didnt patrick...MacP have one for sale that you could have just painted:confused::confused::confused:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Nick to the rescue..........................Ta raaaaaaaaaaaaa :blob8:

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Nick, PM'd you.

I'm not going to buy another one as the repairs are being done on the insurance.

But they can put the old tank back on if it's going to be a long wait for a new one as the tank was only dented.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, turns out it was only one tank that was wrong. So now got my bike back. It's not been this shiny since I bought it from Nick:p

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Hey that is great... welcome back to the road!!

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. But it's now back in the carport needing a new rectifier and some clutch plates..........never rains but it pours. The optimate is working over time so I can use it on Thursday night. Good job we're going to a Honda showroom, at least if it breaks down there I'm in the right place:p:p

But I did get 150 miles in yesterday before coming to a complete stop at the service station.

I seem to be jinxed with this bike. But I do have the power to rebuild her.........not sure whether I have the bank balance though:p:p:p. Must just be my turn I suppose. This is my fourth bike and I never had any problem with the other 3 so I guess it's just fate catching me up now:mad:

Now I have to give all the hidden bits a really good clean before Stormforce8 will even consider changing the clutch plates.

Once it's in pieces in the kitchen I'll post some pics just so you can all tell your wives IT'S OK TO HAVE YOUR BIKE INDOORS:p:p:p:p:p:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts