Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has an AT with a centre stand knows why you need the grab handle to help lift the beast onto the stand.

Got one to sell? Know where I could buy one?

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Do what I did - borrow a mates one and use it as a pattern to get one made by the local blacksmith.

Came out a bit heavier due to solid bar being used and not tube, but did the same thing.

I think the guy who bought my @ took it off cos he thought it was too heavy!
Lee Halsall is his name on this site - try pm'ing him.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes Steve, took it off,not just because it's heavy,but because I had mastered heaving it onto the stand without the handle ,before I asked you what it was for. It just isnt where you would expect a lifting handle to be. Look at BMW boxer twins for a logical lifting handle position.
Free to abdee who will pay the postage.
Cheers
Lee
PS. Fits RD07a

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lee, Yes, mine is an RD07A. Don't mind a bit of extra weight if it will give me something to help lift the bike. I plan to get some welding done on the centre stand to provide a better foot pad for leverage. Until then I'll solve the problem with a handle.
I got a PM from a guy very close to me with a new handle. If that doesn't work out I'll contact you about yours.

Yes Steve, took it off,not just because it's heavy,but because I had mastered heaving it onto the stand without the handle ,before I asked you what it was for. It just isnt where you would expect a lifting handle to be. Look at BMW boxer twins for a logical lifting handle position.
Free to abdee who will pay the postage.
Cheers
Lee
PS. Fits RD07a

·
Registered
46 Posts
I could do with something similar for my 94 transalp.
At the moment I either need someone to pull the rack as I lift, or the back wheel needs to be on a block of wood to get it half way so I can lift the rest.

Any chance of some pictures? Just to show shape and how it fits
Our workshop would be more than able to make them up, if i knew how it fitted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts