Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Twin has been on a diet and lost a staggering 12-1/2 lb (i like pounds more than Kg) in one day by changing the standard exhaust for a Remus.

Standard Exhaust 19lb with brackets and bolts. Remus 6-1/2lb with link pipe (minus Baffle). She hope's to lose a little more weight when i change the rear shock for a Nitron Pro in the next week or so.

Without going into a lot of detail i'm looking for a Remus Revolution Baffle if anyone should have one kicking about ?

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Jonathan at RR for all of his help. Top Man:thumbup:

Just got too get out on the new slim line Girl now.:D if all goes well i will be at the ACE Saturday.

Nigel.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one mate

·
Registered
388 Posts
Been thinking of buying an Arrows dakar replica but apart from the weight loss theres no other gain in any other area is there ?? Expensive diet :(

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been thinking of buying an Arrows dakar replica but apart from the weight loss theres no other gain in any other area is there ?? Expensive diet :(
I have come to the conclusion that theres not much in life thats not expensive. But i was lucky with the Remus Jonathan at RR pointed me in the direction of a very good condition S/H one so that saved a few pounds (in several ways).

As for the shock, well i'm doing it now rather than later the old one won't last a lot longer. And if it helps to shed a few pounds off the old girl then i more than happy. There are a few Remus on Ebay then get a link pipe from Jonathan works out a lot cheaper. :thumbup:

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
531 Posts
I fitted a Remus Revolution a year ago and am very happy with it - as well as a fruiter sound, fuel consumption has notably increased which is nice. Will be interested to have feedback on the Nitro shock - I'm starting think my @'s shock, after 11 years continual use, may be getting a bit worn & sloppy and in need of a rebuild or replacing, plus I guess the linkage is also in need of checking & re-greasing.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I fitted a Remus Revolution a year ago and am very happy with it - as well as a fruiter sound, fuel consumption has notably increased which is nice. Will be interested to have feedback on the Nitro shock - I'm starting think my @'s shock, after 11 years continual use, may be getting a bit worn & sloppy and in need of a rebuild or replacing, plus I guess the linkage is also in need of checking & re-greasing.
Detailed review here Mark

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/product-reviews/83386-nitron-ntr-xtreme-shock-rd07-07a.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts