Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my night ride the other day, it became quite apparent on some country roads that the light coming from my headlights was shockingly bad :eek: (i'd recently changed to some of those supposedly better bulbs, but all theyve done is changed the light from yellow to white:rolleyes:).

So read up what i could on this and some other forums, and purchased a bi-xenon hid kit.

BLOODY HELL !!!!!!!! - i wish i'd done this a lllllllloooooooooooong time ago - fitted tonight, and the difference reallly is amazing. There was a slightly disconcerting buzzing noise when i first switched them on - like a VERY large gnat - but it was just the igniters firing up.

I'm a happy man. No pics as photos dont tend to show the difference very well.

And the cost ????? £45.99 + post for a dual kit - and it was fairly easy to fit as well. The only thing that was tricky was finding room for everthing in my smaller dash.

Heres a link of the kit if anyones interested :

HID Xenon Conversion Kit H4 HI/LO 6000K Slim ballast on eBay (end time 26-Aug-10 00:12:44 BST)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
That link had closed but found a similar set, so cheers for that Anton.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I fitted a kit to my TA and noticed on a couple of night rides that I could actually see the road side markers a lot further away.
I too was glad I changed, even with the negative comments I got from some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts