Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say that I have gained a lot of practical knowledge from this site. I have a XRV 750R in Niger, West Africa. From here this site is especially meaningful as the amateur mechanics here very rarely see an Africa Twin. Keep the information coming and look me up if you pass through this wonderful country.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
Hello mate,

Is the Africa twin an official import over there, or a bike someone (or you) imported theirself?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it is not an official import. I bought it from a Tuareg in Agadez who had got it in Algeria. Niger is literally the most undeveloped country in the world according to the UN. The motorcycles officially sold here are 125cc or smaller and they usually come from China or Nigeria. There are maybe 4 Africa Twins in Niger and I believe I have the newest model. I did see a Transalp once but don't know what happened to it.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
No it is not an official import. I bought it from a Tuareg in Agadez who had got it in Algeria. Niger is literally the most undeveloped country in the world according to the UN. The motorcycles officially sold here are 125cc or smaller and they usually come from China or Nigeria. There are maybe 4 Africa Twins in Niger and I believe I have the newest model. I did see a Transalp once but don't know what happened to it.
So you own 25% of all the Africa Twins in Niger:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts