Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In decent shape, Honda, Hepco & Becker, Givi or...

I know you got one of these just taking space in your shed... :toothy7:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
HZolio

Thanks for your PM.

YES! I have a brand new unused set. Not sure what make they are, possibly Hepco and Becker.

I will check all the parts are present then PM you with a price and shipping costs.

Regards

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Ok, thanks BobA, i will be waiting for your PM...

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
If HZolio doesn't take those bob, can you give me a shout. I might be interested in them if they're hepco beckers for the RD04 as I'm interested in a set to mount ali boxes to (when I can afford some anyway).

I've got a givi wingrack with indicators and top box plate with them, and set of givi tubular frames for the RD04, that I'm planning to sell, but need to hang onto them until I get hold of a set of hepco becker frames to replace them with.

If you're wanting to use givi monokey boxes HZolio, I could sell you one of those racks if you don't take bobs (though for aluminium panniers the hepco beckers are probably better really so they'd be your best bet if that's what you want them for).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If HZolio doesn't take those bob, can you give me a shout. I might be interested in them if they're hepco beckers for the RD04 as I'm interested in a set to mount ali boxes to (when I can afford some anyway).

I've got a givi wingrack with indicators and top box plate with them, and set of givi tubular frames for the RD04, that I'm planning to sell, but need to hang onto them until I get hold of a set of hepco becker frames to replace them with.

If you're wanting to use givi monokey boxes HZolio, I could sell you one of those racks if you don't take bobs (though for aluminium panniers the hepco beckers are probably better really so they'd be your best bet if that's what you want them for).

Hi Zenarchy

I want the H&B ones to fit my alu boxes! But why are you going to afford them? They are dead easy to make and you spend no more than 40£... I will give you the link by PM...

BTW BobA, nice avatar... :toothy7:

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Hi Zenarchy

I want the H&B ones to fit my alu boxes! But why are you going to afford them? They are dead easy to make and you spend no more than 40£... I will give you the link by PM...
BTW BobA, nice avatar... :toothy7:
No worries. Hepco and becker seem to be the best choice for aluminium panniers from what I can tell from other posts here. I know the givi tubular frame can be used for that too, but it doesn't look as strong to me (for the rd04 at least - the rd07 design looks a bit more substantial in the photos).

Thanks for the pannier building link too. Its tempting, and looks great fun, but I'm hoping to do an off road course at some point in the future and then think about taking the bike somewhere a bit more adventurous (where it's probably going to spend a lot of its time laying on its side knowing me :D), and I'm not sure I'd trust my manufacturing skills (or lack of them) in that sort of situation.

I really like the look of those ardcase boxes as they seem to stand up to tons of abuse, but I'm going to need to save up for them as I've just got christmas and my tax bill out of the way, so need to keep my head down and get some work done for a month or two first unfortunately.

Thanks for the recommendation though :thumbright:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
OK, finally the wait is over, here are the promised pictures of my racks.

As I mentioned, these are AS NEW, I just assembled them and never fitted them to my bike. There was no rush, as I didn't have any boxes and just never got round to getting any.

I seem to remember they were advertised as Hepco & Becker when i bought them, but they also seem to have the Givi style fitting at the top to lock panniers to. This is removable.

I did have the assembly instructions somewhere, and I will have a search for them.

I can't remember how much they cost, I will attempt to find out and let you know how much I want for them. Hadn't intended selling them, but am mildly broke at the moment due to lack of work, so if the price is right I will sell.

Bob :thumbup:

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think those are Givi frames Bob. They look like the ones I've already got that mount to the pillion foot pegs.

Though mine is missing the little tab on the bar that connects to sides together on the back I think (your photo is really helpful because I was wondering how that bit fitted!).

The hepco becker frames seem to be made from slightly thicker tube, a more square shaped hoop and with tubular cross braced mounts as opposed to flat bar, and they mount to the bolt that holds the pillion hanger, rather than to the peg bolt itself.

If you have a look at the photos of Whealies bike you'll see what I mean.

I don't think they sell these givi frames any more btw so they're probably quite rare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Bob

Yes, Zenarchy is right, these are GIVI ones, not so stiff, but useable too!

Tell me (if you want to sell them...) how much you want for them, and if the price is right for both of us, the rack is mine! :thumbright:

Thanks for the pics!

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
If you buy them Hzolio, i'd be interested to hear how you get on with the Ali boxes with them and how you've mounted them etc.

In many ways these would be more helpful to me than the hepco becker racks as I've already got plastic givi cases, and the givi case fittings are easy to take on and off, so I could keep the givi cases (which are very convenient) for shorter trips or popping to the shops etc. then use ali cases for longer journeys when I wanted to carry more and have the advantage of top-loading. In that respect they're much more flexible.

That was my original plan, but I wondered how well they'd stand up to abuse (then again I was shocked to notice the little pins in a set of aluminium step ladders recently that I've been bouncing around on for years, that have been holding my weight, so it's possible I'm under estimating them).

If you get on well with these, then I might keep mine too.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Thanks mate. Very helpful :thumbright:

I thought the givi racks for the rd07 were a different design (but those ones seem the same as this rack - maybe they did two designs or something).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts