Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RD07a For sale - Location = Suffolk UK

really wish i didn't have to, but it has to go toward funding building project.

2002 Y reg
only 13,780 miles
regularly serviced
really good general condition,
slight impression to rhs tank, small amount of usual honda corrosion on engine casing and wheel rims (will post more detailed pics this evening)
recent service for MOT (12 months), and 12 months tax.
new battery
fastest black gold colours
some service history

relatively recent (1500 miles back, major service)
DiD chain and sprockets
K&N air filter
Dynojet kit
Braided hoses, brake fluid and pads

slightly previous to that
Michelin Anakee tyres (still very new)

standard exhaust refitted, also comes with spare standard exhaust, and after market Motad Venom exhaust awesome sound, esp. without the baffle (only took the venom off as i tended to burn my leg on long journeys as it doesn't have a heat guard).

tall touring screen (Airstream), and spare original

Baglux rear box/and tank bag

£3,000

Send PM if interested - thanks!

hill-top4.jpg hill_top1.jpg hill-top3.jpg hill-top5.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi. Just a thought im in suffolk would you be prepared to sell the spare standard exhaust or the venom separately? assuming it will fit a 93 RD07

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I was selling a RD07 Remus exhaust - it did not fit a RD07a without getting different fittings, I would assume the same is true of the venom.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I was selling a RD07 Remus exhaust - it did not fit a RD07a without getting different fittings, I would assume the same is true of the venom.
Mine and many others Venoms fit the RD07a fine

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Aztec was wanting to fit your spare silencer it to a RD07, you have a RD07a silencer which will fit RD07a's but probably not RD07's, hence my original post

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Nice looking bike. Surprised you priced it so cheap. Thought the year and mileage would warrent an extra couple hundred on £3K. Wont hang around for long.........

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
If I hadn't already agreed to buy another, i'd have snapped your arm off at this price!!
Btw, weren't 'Y' registrations issued between March and Sept 2001?
Just being pedantic (as usual). :D

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the positive comments. its a great bike, very reluctant sale, yeah, probably is worth a few hundred more, however, priced to sell.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
thanks for the positive comments. its a great bike, very reluctant sale, yeah, probably is worth a few hundred more, however, priced to sell.
you might want to take some better photos after a good wash and polish , the pics you have taken are obviously mid ride some place and are not the best detail and apart from the paintwork she looks a little dirty , with a wash and brush up and some detailed pics of areas such as wheels crank cases bash plate etc , you may get more bites on the cherry so to speak.

best of luck with the sale mate:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
"wow that is very fairly priced.. if anyone tries to haggle more off just chase them off the yard..."

Your right if it's a minter, would you pay £3k for a rough one though ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I feel it is necessary to fairly represent the bike following remarks on this forum regarding its condition.

For the avoidance of doubt, it may help to explain that there is some surface corrosion to both engine casings and in a small way to wheels. There is also some light rusting to some exposed areas of the frame. Lastly a small dent to the tank has not cracked its paint. (Please see attached close-up photography.)

All the above corrosion is commensurate with the age of the bike, and an indication that the bike has, over the years, seen some use. (This is a forum for adventure bikes and biking, is it not?)

The blemishes are typical of Japanese bikes that have had ten years use in the UK and Europe. The defects are entirely cosmetic and in no way affect the bike (which has a new MOT and, I might add, goes like a rocket).

I hope buyers on the lookout for a nice, used, Africa Twin, with very low mileage (rather more significant to would-be long distance tourists than the odd rust spot), will remain interested enough to contact me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi there, bike is still for sale, I've had one viewer, to whom I offer first dibs, but you are welcome to view if you wish, please send PM, cheer, j

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bump

So did the bike sell ???
Yes the bike did sell.....good honest bike from a good honest seller willing to accept sensible offers (some people will sell any old ****e for there own gains and admit to nothing:mad:) and far from a restoration project 3 days and all was good! and a superb engine......:toothy10:

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
That cleaned up nice. What did you use to polish the bash plate and clean up your wheels?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thankyou, Autosol with very fine wire wool then Autosol with cloth followed by Belgom alu which leaves a nice protective coating....Although to be honest as i said to Joe when i went to look at it, the pictures made it look far worse than it actually was...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts