Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys anyone here take out thermostat from their bikes.Can anyone advice me.I heard there is some AT without thermostat will it ruin ur engine.Thanks

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The thermostat regulates the engines operating tempertature so why would you want to remove it?
Yes you can remove it but it wont warm up very fast when its cold outside but also could overheat easier when it's hot out because the water passes through the radiator too fast not allowing it to have time to cool down.
Also, replace it with one designed for the m'cycle and not one for an automobile.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi guys anyone here take out thermostat from their bikes.Can anyone advice me.I heard there is some AT without thermostat will it ruin ur engine.Thanks
When I repaired my AT crank I considered throwing it out. After researching the idea, bad idea. Cleaned it off tested in boiling water with digital thermometer. Worked perfectly since 1990. I reinstalled and working better than ever. Rather replace than remove

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dunno wats the idea of mechanic took off my thermostat.Luckily i kept my thermostat i was thinkin of goin back to my workshop n ask my mechanic to fix it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts