Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like last years thread was popular so think I'll start this years if no one else has, regards from Sweden :thumbup:

Been out for a few rides already this year...

Ride both the AT and Harley and just recently a Harley buddy of mine got the AT bug too and bought himself one so today we joined up for a bit of fun around the countryside :cool:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I salute your Nordic stoicism and hardiness in such conditions.
I must head to the shed and get a machine out immediately!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Took a plane from Montreal to France in early December 2014. Bought this 130,000km RD03 sight unseen in Provence, then rode France, Spain, Italy and Tunisia. The ride back thru the Alps in mid January was cold and damp (0-1°C), wet road and icy patches. Bike has been shipped to Montreal and shall be here in 7 days.

Extensive report here : http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/travel...3-france-spain-italy-tunisia.html#post1011401

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Lots of heated discussion around the world about what the forthcoming Africa Twin should be. Well. Honda nailed it 27 years ago. I wouldn't have done that trip with another bike. The Africa Twin would be the ideal RTW bike. It is definitely a great adventure bike. So, Honda. Keep the formula. Keep it simple. Increase power, not weight. And honestly, if I had to tackle a RTW, I would pick an RD03.

This 2014 riding season was a great one for me. 45,000km. Starting May 1st to January 13th.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have an RD07 as well as an RD03
Both brilliant but totally different to ride.
The RD03 would be the one for RTW if pushed to make a choice!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice pics chaps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts